Side Dashcam

Driving within a video witness bubble :D
I have put the C3 on the right side of my car so its closer to the driver in the car beside me, did that as i some tines give a litttle honk and signal ppl to put down ther damm cellphones, and for that i do some times get flipped off.

Driving within a video witness bubble :D
I have put the C3 on the right side of my car so its closer to the driver in the car beside me, did that as i some tines give a litttle honk and signal ppl to put down ther damm cellphones, and for that i do some times get flipped off.

I would love a side camera to catch the amount of morons that drive around on their phones! But I am not sure what I would do with all that footage lol

Here's a slightly different approach to side cam choice and logistics: two sets of dual-channel dashcams, whereby two main cams set up as front and rear, and two secondary - as side cams? Just a thought ;)
I didn't even see jokiin tagged me but here is my setup he mentioned.

plus a more recent video that shows what it looks like from outside of the car.

The issues with my setup is blackvue cams have relatively low bitrate but for me personally I think it's good enough. Also the rear cams on both my models are 720p only.

I have considered many different options because I would love better quality but discrete formfactor is AS important as bitrate to me.

I love cylinder shaped cams like this though and the rear cams fit almost perfectly. I have been planning since I installed them to fabricate matte black covers to hide them better but NOBODY has ever noticed them as is which I find funny. Whenever I point them out to new people in my car they are surprised.

I uploaded this for my friends so it's unlisted but I don't mind posting it because it's funny :

One thing I've been concerned about is if my windows are open it makes me nervous having the cams on the edge like that.

I want to make a "sleeve" like Niko did for his rear cam DIY project recently.

Last edited:
I would love a side camera to catch the amount of morons that drive around on their phones! But I am not sure what I would do with all that footage lol

Watch to the end, you can't tell much from that video but the guy was going 15 in a 30 and had swerved a few times.

@kamkar1 I quite like how you spell few as "fjew" I have a Danish acquaintance and they pronounce it how you spell it.

I didn't even see jokiin tagged me but here is my setup he mentioned.

plus a more recent video that shows what it looks like from outside of the car.

The issues with my setup is blackvue cams have relatively low bitrate but for me personally I think it's good enough. Also the rear cams on both my models are 720p only.

I have considered many different options because I would love better quality but discrete formfactor is AS important as bitrate to me.

I love cylinder shaped cams like this though and the rear cams fit almost perfectly. I have been planning since I installed them to fabricate matte black covers to hide them better but NOBODY has ever noticed them as is which I find funny. Whenever I point them out to new people in my car they are surprised.

I uploaded this for my friends so it's unlisted but I don't mind posting it because it's funny :

One thing I've been concerned about is if my windows are open it makes me nervous having the cams on the edge like that.

I want to make a "sleeve" like Niko did for his rear cam DIY project recently.
:D

@kamkar1 I quite like how you spell few as "fjew" I have a Danish acquaintance and they pronounce it how you spell it.

Well pour some beer in me and i will proberly get the pronunciation just right :D

Well pour some beer in me and i will proberly get the pronunciation just right :D
I noticed you used witch instead of which several times and I wondered if it was a local spelling haha. Witch is a woman who uses black magic, rides a flying broom etc etc. Which is as in "which one do you want?" but I don't know any second language fluently so I can't talk crap heh.

The huge benefit living in some obscure nation far off speaking a language sounding absolute jibberish to anyone else is that you NEED to pick up additional languages, especially nowadays when internet has made the world a lot smaller and erased many physical borders between nations. In Sweden almost everyone speaks English more or less fluently, and the kids of today also learns a third (or even a fourth) language in school. I guess if English was our mother tongue, already having billion (or so) humans speaking the same language there wouldn't be such need learning something else.

Trying to have this thread back on track now. I have also been thinking about attaching side-facing cameras. An incident involving some crazy moron doing a reckless multi lane change almost giving my car a rough tackle sparkled that interest. liveinx posted images from a 4-cam setup that seems interesting to me, and fortunately my hatchback car has got side windows free for me to make use of/have fun with. What do you think, will my single Power Magic Pro be able to power four mobius or will I blow some internal fuse when I hook it all up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any problem powering 4 Mobius cameras with your Power Magic Pro. There should be more than enough amperage to handle 4 cameras. Remember, a Mobius can operate for two hours on the (new) 820mAh internal battery and only needs 1 Amp (5V) to run from an external source, so the Power Magic should be more than enough. Also, unlike other cameras, Mobius has no screen, beep sounds, speaker, GPS, or other energy hogging features.

Last edited:
Back