Site and Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 v3
Site has stopped working for me when using Tapatalk, anybody else seeing the same?

Been like this now for a few days so am wondering if it’ll likely be fixed?

Very few people use tapatalk on the site anymore hence it has been removed.

It will have to be some kind of emergency before i look at anything on the internet on my phone, but i am well aware i am the oddball here.

You're not alone. I don't use a tiny phone for forums, too fidly for me. PC or Tablet only.

I don't often use my phone for surfing the internet either, but sometimes I'm very happy to have the ability. Recently, I got stuck in an overbooked doctor's office waiting room with nothing to do until my appointment so I checked into DashCamTalk using a browser on my phone.. After that, I spent some time reading an online newspaper and then moved on to reading a novel using Kindle on my iPhone that I have otherwise been reading on an iPad. This made my 40 minute wait go by quickly and I was happy to have this capability in my pocket. Not a big fan of traditional social media so phone addiction is not really an issue for me.

I also happen to live on a modest sized mountain in a rural area where it is fairly common to have some sort of severe weather or wind event knock out the power (sometimes for days or more at a time!) Again, it's great to have the ability to get online even if power or internet is temporarily unavailable at home. Usually, I can still get online using my desktop computer when the power is out but that means firing up my 8 kilowatt propane powered generator which I usually only do during extended outages when I can at the same time also keep my freezer from thawing out or want to pressurize my water tank and heat up water for a hot shower or flush the toilet. At times like this it's smartphone to the rescue!

Last edited:
Even if i only / pretty much just use my smart phone like a dumb phone, then i would vote for smart.
Just as i pay for a severe overhead on the speak / data side of that, and at home have a 1 gbit connection where i could easy get by with 300 mbit, then at least for the cable it just do not make sense to choose a slower speed.
And to some degree it is also the same for the plan for my phone.

If i had the chance i would also have a firearm at home to defend myself, but i would hope i never had to do that.

Power outage / internet outage have been extremely rare in my life, but when i moved here 10 or so years ago, well there was a annual power outage ( you could almost set your clock by ) but that have been missing the past few years.
The cable internet well compared to phone and then fiber in my house, it have been down "often", but it is generally a few minutes we talk about here.

Severe weather ( big storms ) dont do much for my country, sure some trees fall and might block a few roads and some might loose a roof or a wall, and low lying places might see some flooding, and so also some basements / houses getting flooded, but it is generally a few feet of water we talk about, only property damage.

There are some perks of being a small country.

I must be alone then as on my phone I've always used Tapatalk to access the forums, presents a much cleaner view of the forums and new posts in my opinion.

Guess I'll be doing what the masses do and accessing via a browser from now on :)

Last edited:
Each to his own as they say, i am a self declared phone hater so i feel i die a little every time i touch it, so i try not to do that.
The PC on the other hand, i spend far too much time on, i am actually amazed how much i spend considering i am not gaming, 20 years ago i gamed 6 - 8 hours every day.

I unfortunately work in IT :( so am stuck in front of a corporate laptop which has most things blocked, surprisingly access to these forums is allowed but I'm sure when they see traffic it will be blocked which is why I tend to access most of the forums I am a member of on my mobile and Tapatalk just makes it so much easier to navigate the site and read and post.

As I've got older I have tended to get a phone with a larger and larger screen, so have an iPhone 13 pro max to get the biggest screen :)

Don't tend to turn on my personal laptop or desktop on much these days if I'm honest.

Last edited:
Phone apps themselves are good but trying to use a forum is too small for me.

News app, bus times, weather, Android Auto (y)

Phone apps themselves are good but trying to use a forum is too small for me.

News app, bus times, weather, Android Auto (y)

That's why Tapatalk is great, it sort of gets rid of all the forum clutter and presents the forum in a very simple easy to read format.

I tried it once and just couldn't get along with it. Probably just me.

I relied on TapaTalk for years to be instantly notified when new threads in certain sub sections were posted, I was tagged or PM’d. Is there a way to be notified via email for all three? I currently only get emailed for a new direct PM only. I’ll poke around the site settings again but didn’t find a good site notification replacement option for tags and new posts.

Back