Sj10 pro Dual Screen bricked

fcarouche

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi, i was updating my Cam but after flashing, Just the blue led keeps on, i tryied ALL "normal" stuff to get back the original firmware but with no success

The camera turns on with no sound, no screen but the blue led

Some help?
Sorry my bad english

Probably, the empty file "DEBUG.TXT" near firmware files at the root of SD card will help you. BTW, the descriptive manual is available at the "mod_fw_sjcam" telegram channel.

hi, cant believe!! you have just saved my cam, thanks a lot!!
i did the short circuit and flash with ambaUSB and its working again

Excellent! You are welcome!
Now, feel free to setup and test any versions of the firmware. I suggest to try the modified version - that contains a lot of fixed bugs, improvements and new features.

Excellent! You are welcome!
Now, feel free to setup and test any versions of the firmware. I suggest to try the modified version - that contains a lot of fixed bugs, improvements and new features.
Yeah i tried the last "dual" version so i am testing It now. before that, I tried "rtl" and it brick again so i back to the last dual
Thanks again I was about to throw it in the trash

i tried the last "dual" version so i am testing It now.
Notice, the official versions are also presented on the channel, so you should separate them from the modified versions by the description. Also, there is a simple sign to detect the type of version - the letter before version number: "V" - original/official version; "R" - modified version.
By the way, the most useful content of the channel is collected as links in the first message (pinned).

Notice, the official versions are also presented on the channel, so you should separate them from the modified versions by the description. Also, there is a simple sign to detect the type of version - the letter before version number: "V" - original/official version; "R" - modified version.
By the way, the most useful content of the channel is collected as links in the first message (pinned).
Great! I Will see It

Hi,

I have managed to do the same as the OP could someone help with some instructions in english please as the telegraph instructions are all in Russian !

Thanks,
Mark

I have managed to do the same as the OP could someone help with some instructions in english please as the telegraph instructions are all in Russian !
Sure. First of all, you always can just translate the channel wholy (a premium subscription required) or a selected message by context menu (free for all) - this is standard features of Telegram application.

What was the original version of the firmware? Did you tried to setup a firmware by adding an empty file "DEBUG.TXT" to the firmware files on an SD card root?

Hi,
I'm not sure on the original F/W as this is my neighbours camera, it basically became unresponsive on the screen and top button. This is the single screen model. I found some F/W I think I used SJ10N_FWUPDATE.bin file (can't rem version), but it did load the F/W but then screen went blank and just the blue front LED is lit. Thats where I am now.

Would adding at empty file called DUBUG.TXT work do you think now?

TIA

I found some F/W I think I used SJ10N_FWUPDATE.bin file (can't rem version), but it did load the F/W but then screen went blank and just the blue front LED is lit. Thats where I am now.

Would adding at empty file called DUBUG.TXT work do you think now?
You should try, becouse this is the easiest way to recover your camera.
1. Just put two files ("DUBUG.TXT" and the firmware file "SJ10N_FWUPDATE.bin") on the root of an SD card.
2. And, the camera must be powered off when you are inserting back the card with the mentioned files, Or the battery must be re-inserted.
3. Then you should turn the camera on and wait about 1 minute.

If the camera is still down, let me know the manufacturing date (you can get the year and month by first 6 digits of the serial number on the bottom side of the camera) to detect a valid subtype of your camera model.

You should try, becouse this is the easiest way to recover your camera.
1. Just put two files ("DUBUG.TXT" and the firmware file "SJ10N_FWUPDATE.bin") on the root of an SD card.
2. And, the camera must be powered off when you are inserting back the card with the mentioned files, Or the battery must be re-inserted.
3. Then you should turn the camera on and wait about 1 minute.

If the camera is still down, let me know the manufacturing date (you can get the year and month by first 6 digits of the serial number on the bottom side of the camera) to detect a valid subtype of your camera model.
Thanks for the reply, unfortunatly that didn't work. still get black screen with Blue LED lit on the front on power up.
build is 202202

build is 202202
Then f/w versions from 0.2.0 and higher are forbidden for your camera, they will always brick the camera, because of incompatibility with the hardware.
Your original version probably is "V0.0.7N". Your camera is "N".

unfortunatly that didn't work. still get black screen with Blue LED lit on the front on power up.
As far as there is an .elf firmware file for your camera, you can recover your camera using universal recovery method by installing .elf via AmbaUSB utility. All required files (including manual in English) you can find on the channel.

Since the camera starts to work normally, I recommend to update the firmware to the modified version - R0.1.0N.

Then f/w versions from 0.2.0 and higher are forbidden for your camera, they will always brick the camera, because of incompatibility with the hardware.
Your original version probably is "V0.0.7N". Your camera is "N".

As far as there is an .elf firmware file for your camera, you can recover your camera using universal recovery method by installing .elf via AmbaUSB utility. All required files (including manual in English) you can find on the channel.

Since the camera starts to work normally, I recommend to update the firmware to the modified version - R0.1.0N.
Thank you so much for your help, I manged to track down the correct .elf file and the modified R0.1.0N firmware and performed the reset and boot load and the camera is now working correctly on the modified firmware. My neighbour will be very happy.

Thanks once again for your support 7qim.

Hello guys,
Need some help with my SJ10Pro since it is bricked, I tried to use the amberusb to flash the correct firmware, but i'm having a lot of trouble for the amberusb to recognize the camera with the short-circuit method

It only lights up a bluelight if I short-circuit and press power button

It only lights up a bluelight if I short-circuit and press power button
I guess you just power on the camera, because of a wrong "short-circuit".
Better to use the connection way without pressing of the "Power" button:
1) do "short-circuit" - close a special circuit (press inside of the battery compatment, on close middle part of the front side) - and hold.
2) connect the camera to USB port of PC using USB cable.
3) If a new device "Ambarella Evaluation Board 3.2.1.0" appeares in the system, you have a successful connection, release the holding of the 1st step.

Last edited:
I guess you just power on the camera, because of a wrong "short-circuit".
Better to use the connection way without pressing of the "Power" button:
1) do "short-circuit" - close a special circuit (press inside of the battery compatment, on close middle part of the main screen side) - and hold.
2) connect the camera to USB port of PC using USB cable.
3) If a new device "Ambarella Evaluation Board 3.2.1.0" appeares in the system, you have a successful connection, release the holding of the 1st step.
It is a sj10Pro. Ive must have damage something, the program can no longer connect to the camera. Tried for hours and nothing

Back