SJ4000 Review by Techmoan ... Action Cam with DashCam Functionality

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Review at http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/2/3/the-sj4000-action-camera-review.html . Skip to 18mins 45secs for the dashcam commentary.

Loop recording, motion detection, can be powered by USB cable from lighter socket, exposure adjustment settings. Inbuilt screen. Not bad value at $99.

It can use GoPro mounts. It looks like a GoPro, so get a black one, & hope that your local criminals don't notice it, assume it's the real McCoy, & steal it.

sj4000a.jpg SJ4000.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if we could take advantage of the lens being offset - with it being positioned away in the corner, could make it easier to hide the rest of the box?

We have a few of these in stock. I can tell you they are awesome, didn't expect them to be so well made at the price point.

We have a few of these in stock. I can tell you they are awesome, didn't expect them to be so well made at the price point.

There's certainly a lot of markup to cover the marketing spend on GoPro, products like this highlight that

There's certainly a lot of markup to cover the marketing spend on GoPro, products like this highlight that

Thats for sure!

I've got this camera for a week now, and I've got to say it is very good (better than gopro 3 whit, but not silver or black because of smaller image sensor).
Here are a few videos I took to test out the quality

Windshield mount during the day:

Windshield mount during the night:

Mounted on the bike handlebars with underwater case:

Back