sj6 external Mic

The factory is holding off on this cable.
Hi, so no way to record via cable from other source?
I want to record the sound from the intercom in a light plane, but the usb-to-jack adaptor is completely necessary.., Or please give us the solution to make a DYI adaptor cable.

Thanks!

We had listed another adapter and mic that TerryTerri was able to use. Let me know if you cannot find the listing on a thread. Or, maybe you could purchase his...

That does not work. SJ7 Star's mini-usb use non-industry standard connection points. Guess you guys only want us to buy your mic. Sad cause I want to use different mic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
somebody confirmed Eaton mic would work with an adapter......

the demand for the fpv cable we made was not high (like sold less than 100pcs), so we need to think carefully which accessories we release to make sure it make sense economically. I agree though, it would be nice to have seen that cable come to life.

Last edited:
Should have gone with GoPro... at least those cameras work with "non-manufacturer" cables/adapters...
If what You say is true @sjcam_official, than there's no way to record audio without Your mic and clearly odds of releasing adapter are slim at best.
Like @MicroModDude said: Sad.

Sorry guys, I don't have control over what gets manufactured. It has been confirmed that there is a 3rd party Mic adapter which does work.

I do not really care if I have to buy an adapter that was made by SJ and pay more for it, or buy a no name one that actually works. For me it is necessary not to be locked to SJ: s own microphones. Primary because SJ makes cameras and not external microphones. And because of that I believe that the sound quality will suffer. I am also convinced no one will buy an action camera just to use it with SJ: s current external microphones. Moto-vloggers? Sure, but I can guarantee you that they rather just plug and play with an adapter and use their usual setup of external microphones. What Pablo Zenair is talking about I believe is a more common cause. Where having an action camera actually makes sense. In an aircraft or similar.

I currently own a SJ4000 which I rate highly. That´s the camera that I attach to the roll bar of my rally car when I go rallying. And believe me, it preforms. But I have always missed that possibility to have the sound from the intercom going directly in to the camera. Which have made me use a Zoom h1 to capture the sound from the intercom. Which a then have to sync with the picture from the SJ4000. A job that is both frustrating and tiresome. After a rally with 5-6 special stages. And I believe that´s why GoPro is bigger than SJcam both when it comes to rallying and flying. Just because sound, and in this case from an intercom makes for a huge difference.

When the day comes that we can buy an adapter (similar to the GoPro one) which makes it possible to attach a normal 3,5 mm cable to an adapter and plug it in to the SJ6. Please tell me. Because I will be the first one to order myself a new SJ action camera, and adapter.

I do not really care if I have to buy an adapter that was made by SJ and pay more for it, or buy a no name one that actually works. For me it is necessary not to be locked to SJ: s own microphones. Primary because SJ makes cameras and not external microphones. And because of that I believe that the sound quality will suffer. I am also convinced no one will buy an action camera just to use it with SJ: s current external microphones. Moto-vloggers? Sure, but I can guarantee you that they rather just plug and play with an adapter and use their usual setup of external microphones. What Pablo Zenair is talking about I believe is a more common cause. Where having an action camera actually makes sense. In an aircraft or similar.

I currently own a SJ4000 which I rate highly. That´s the camera that I attach to the roll bar of my rally car when I go rallying. And believe me, it preforms. But I have always missed that possibility to have the sound from the intercom going directly in to the camera. Which have made me use a Zoom h1 to capture the sound from the intercom. Which a then have to sync with the picture from the SJ4000. A job that is both frustrating and tiresome. After a rally with 5-6 special stages. And I believe that´s why GoPro is bigger than SJcam both when it comes to rallying and flying. Just because sound, and in this case from an intercom makes for a huge difference.

When the day comes that we can buy an adapter (similar to the GoPro one) which makes it possible to attach a normal 3,5 mm cable to an adapter and plug it in to the SJ6. Please tell me. Because I will be the first one to order myself a new SJ action camera, and adapter.
Several people have made their own adapter cables... we will create a thread on our forum with solutions to those who want to use their own mics.

We will be starting an official adapter cable Mic thread on the sjcam forum at sjcamhd.com/community Please stay tuned for the thread.

Thanks for your patience guys

hi,
I'm willing to make an adapter on my own, I have a bunch of electronics at home that I can use.
The official SJCAM mic is not good for motovlogging, the mic is to big and the impedance generates an high gain level that I don't wan't.

@sjcam_official do you have a pinout for the USB adapter? I need to know which pins are connected to the MIC.

hi,
I'm willing to make an adapter on my own, I have a bunch of electronics at home that I can use.
The official SJCAM mic is not good for motovlogging, the mic is to big and the impedance generates an high gain level that I don't wan't.

@sjcam_official do you have a pinout for the USB adapter? I need to know which pins are connected to the MIC.
Yes, we do... one sec please

hi,

Please stay tuned to this section... SJCAM Forum

Hi @sjcam_official

thanks for sharing, yesterday I already posted on the official forum
I will use it from now on to share my findings.

This new review thoroughly tests internal and external SJCAM mics. v1.15 fw:

I bought a sj7 star along with a microphone. The camera is great but the external is picking up wind noise only even inside my camera helmet. I have tried putting foam/deadcat/tape. Nothing worked. I will share u a link of a video in case u want to hear what it sounds like.

Back