Sj7 Star pictures

Indeed, get up into those quality 2 digit megapixel lenses and things start to get scary.

This is a cutout from the upper left corner of the picture above.
blue_edge.jpg

Mainly depend on the lens, hard to improve it, this is exist in most of action cameras.

Yi 4K also have this, maybe just a little less. Garmin and GoPro do much better on this.

I think that is some South American exotic squirrel, they also have some others running around that look more like the Danish squirrels.
I do like its Orange arms.
I will go back soon to get some more pictures taken with the native 12 mpix of the sensor, the 16 mpix ones above are not good enough due to them being 16 mpix.
But in the days to come i will be a little busy as i have to be uncle / friend to my nice and help her with some stuff

It would be good if the camera just had 12 mpix for maximum, and it would also be cool if you had a 4K photo with the same size/format as when filming, cuz they way you could insert a 4 K picture in a 4K video and not have to crop anything.

I dident get it on tape cuz there was some memory card issued at first so i had to format it, but i almost lost a SJ 6 camera again, this time to a 1.5 M large Arapaima fish that tried to eat the camera i put down in the huge fish tank.
I will have to be careful doing that it is big strong fish that will tear apart my selfiepole in a blink of the eye.
DESOUZA-NATGEO-ARAPAIMA.jpg

Arapaima have been known to kill fishermen, not by eating them but by hitting them with their massive body snapping the humans neck or knocking him unconscious and then drown if he fall out of canoo.
Who shot this picture?

Not me.
Just one i found on the internet, the arapaima in the rain forest here are not quite that large, but its not far from it, big enough and as a angler i know enough about them to know it would tear apart my selfie pole and maybe break my arm if it got hold of the camera.

Its teeth are not a problem, i think it is fairly safe to out a hand in there, the problem are its size and hardness.

It suck in prey and it can breathe air too, that's often how you spot it when fishing for them.
Its armored and it scales can be up to 6 CM across.

Not me.
Just one i found on the internet, the arapaima in the rain forest here are not quite that large, but its not far from it, big enough and as a angler i know enough about them to know it would tear apart my selfie pole and maybe break my arm if it got hold of the camera.

Its teeth are not a problem, i think it is fairly safe to out a hand in there, the problem are its size and hardness.

It suck in prey and it can breathe air too, that's often how you spot it when fishing for them.
Its armored and it scales can be up to 6 CM across.
Looks scary. I bet they are endangered :)

As far as i know they are not in any immediate danger, but the way we treat the rain forest then its just a matter of time i am sure :cry:

As far as i know they are not in any immediate danger, but the way we treat the rain forest then its just a matter of time i am sure :cry:
The rain forest is currently disappearing fairly rapidly, but given the increasing amount of rain in recent years assisted by Trumps environmental policies, they may take over control of Texas from the humans that currently live there in another decade or two, recent news reports suggest parts of Texas are already suitably wet for these fish!

The rain forest is currently disappearing fairly rapidly, but given the increasing amount of rain in recent years assisted by Trumps environmental policies, they may take over control of Texas from the humans that currently live there in another decade or two, recent news reports suggest parts of Texas are already suitably wet for these fish!
Yup... they will be swimming in Trump plaza soon as well :)

Mainly depend on the lens, hard to improve it, this is exist in most of action cameras.

Yi 4K also have this, maybe just a little less. Garmin and GoPro do much better on this.
Agreed - looks like chromatic aberration. However, if that's the case, there should be a red to yellow band, similar to the blue band, on the other side of objects on the other side of the centerline of the lens.

I will try to get a pic where i have the same light darkness situation in all 3 corners of the frame.

I have just noticed this blue in both upper corners of the footage, but most pics dont have the same light/darkness borders in the lower half of the pic.
But i think i can snap a pic like that some how,,,, ill keep it in mind for my next outing.

Agreed - looks like chromatic aberration. However, if that's the case, there should be a red to yellow band, similar to the blue band, on the other side of objects on the other side of the centerline of the lens.
We very rarely see anything but blue from chromatic aberration on dashcam/actioncam lenses, unless it is a cheap plastic lens. Normally the focus is corrected for the green and red even on the cheaper lenses.

I will try to get a pic where i have the same light darkness situation in all 3 corners of the frame.

I have just noticed this blue in both upper corners of the footage, but most pics dont have the same light/darkness borders in the lower half of the pic.
But i think i can snap a pic like that some how,,,, ill keep it in mind for my next outing.
With the wide angle lens on these cameras it is not so easy, a large white painted wall is the easiest, or sometimes a cloudy sky.

Probably the best way to check for chromatic aberration is to shoot some sort of grid that fills the screen. Something like a trellis or window with lots of cross pieces. There should be a blue edge on part of the frame and red to yellow on the opposite of the frame, elsewhere in the picture.

Last edited:
IMHO, this camera is better as a quick "point and shoot" than attempting photographic artwork to be blown up to art gallery size. In short, not worth much hassle.

Speaking of image rectification, take a look at Shotcut (no "r" in the name), a free video editor. I've used it on a video shot with another camera. IMHO the results are only distortion of a different type: forced perspective.

Back