SJ7 V1.19 Firmware - Adds 4k Rotation - Report Thread

Thanks. The list really ought to be in an easier place, easier to find.

Thanks. The list really ought to be in an easier place, easier to find.
Yes, we will put it on our official forum and maybe the fw download page...

I'll say it again, compared to my last camera's maker, Sena, SJCam is the gold standard for responsiveness to customer requests. Good on ya!

As advertised/change log in firmware v1.18 I don't see any rotation (flip mode image/video) in 4K or any other resolution why is that or something I'm missing to switch on or off?

When I turn my camera upside down in 4K and record a video the video is still reversed so I don't see any rotation for fixing that problem the same goes as for the OSD display menu no rotation at all. I would really appreciate if you bring some light on this and explain what is the definition by SJCAM "Adds rotation in 4K"
FCu3Soe.jpg

This is the download link for v1.18 https://sjcamsupport.freshdesk.com/...j7-star-firmware-update-v1-18-latest-release-

This is the zip file for the SJ7 Star Firmware v1.18
wBLvIae.png

Last edited:
As advertised/change log in firmware v1.18 I don't see any rotation (flip mode image/video) in 4K or any other resolution why is that or something I'm missing to switch on or off?

When I turn my camera upside down in 4K and record a video the video is still reversed so I don't see any rotation for fixing that problem the same goes as for the OSD display menu no rotation at all. I would really appreciate if you bring some light on this and explain what is the definition by SJCAM "Adds rotation in 4K"
FCu3Soe.jpg

This is the download link for v1.18 https://sjcamsupport.freshdesk.com/...j7-star-firmware-update-v1-18-latest-release-

This is the zip file for the SJ7 Star Firmware v1.18
wBLvIae.png
Hello Terry, have you tried the firmware on Poshgadgets?

Hello Terry, have you tried the firmware on Poshgadgets?
Yes the image rotation is working fine sorry for the delay I hope this will be implemented in all resolutions in the next firmware :)

Yes the image rotation is working fine sorry for the delay I hope this will be implemented in all resolutions in the next firmware :)
The Poshgadgets fw has it, but the sjcam.com does version doesn't, correct?

The Poshgadgets fw has it, but the sjcam.com does version doesn't, correct?

Correct, need to be updated in sjcam.com from poshgadgets because people will think is a joke with the image rotation in 4K as I was mislead at the first time. So after you or your employee answer me on the other forum the real download firmware that support the 4K rotation everything was ok and corresponded with the advertising 4K rotation for the latest firmware v1.18. From sjcam.com is just an v1.18 without rotation and on poshgadgets is supporting the 4K rotation v1.18T1

I'm confused - poshgadgets is one rev. ahead of sjcam???

Straaaaange... [/head scratch]

Correct, need to be updated in sjcam.com from poshgadgets because people will think is a joke with the image rotation in 4K as I was mislead at the first time. So after you or your employee answer me on the other forum the real download firmware that support the 4K rotation everything was ok and corresponded with the advertising 4K rotation for the latest firmware v1.18. From sjcam.com is just an v1.18 without rotation and on poshgadgets is supporting the 4K rotation v1.18T1
Can you confirm the link that has the rotation?

Can you confirm the link that has the rotation?

Is already answered in the text that I have typed and you have quoted but here you go again the LINK from poshgadgets with the 4K image rotation

This is what you get in archive update firmware from poshgadgets the version 1.18T1 with 4K image rotation and the sjcam version 1.18 final without image rotation. The size and date created

rhoCtb8.png

Last edited:
It is a little puzzling that SJCam's site lags behind Poshgadget. More than once I've seen some site saying "we've got the latest and greatest", only to find out there are significant flaws in whatever item is under discussion. Thus it can't hurt to ask for confirmation of validity before changing the camera firmware.

Is already answered in the text that I have typed and you have quoted but here you go again the LINK from poshgadgets with the 4K image rotation

This is what you get in archive update firmware from poshgadgets the version 1.18T1 with 4K image rotation and the sjcam version 1.18 final without image rotation. The size and date created

rhoCtb8.png

Okay, we'll have support.sjcam.com updated at once.

Thanks!

rhoCtb8.png
Ah... "T" version is for testers and reviewers as we were still testing the rotation.

If there are no issues with it, we can upload to main site.

Back