SJCAM M20 Issue - Keeps Resetting Itself

kyoo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone have this issue on the M20?? I use this for racing, and the camera resets itself during use.

For example, I turn it on and off for about six 1-minute sessions. Around the 2-4th time I turn it on, the camera has completely reset itself to default settings - so while I was trying to run 2k30, it will reset to 1080p60, wdr off, gyro off, etc etc etc. - 100% default settings

anyone else having this issue? obviously this is not the first issue I've personally had with SJCAM - I'm not going to get into those previous instances. Just want to figure out what is going on with my M20. Goes without saying this is the last SJCAM I'll buy, but would like to figure out the problem here. the video quality etc on this one all seem pretty good, but the reset thing is very frustrating.

I'm having the same issue. Set the camera to my desired settings .... turn it off .... turn it back on .... the camera has reset itself to the default settings. I contacted SJCAM through their web site and initiated a ticket but have yet to hear from them after several days. So far, this might be a deal breaker for me with the M20 if it will not perform as I need it too.

Any suggestions from M20 users?

I'm having the same issue. Set the camera to my desired settings .... turn it off .... turn it back on .... the camera has reset itself to the default settings. I contacted SJCAM through their web site and initiated a ticket but have yet to hear from them after several days. So far, this might be a deal breaker for me with the M20 if it will not perform as I need it too.

Which firmware versions are you two on?

Maybe try upgrading your firmware to v1.2.7

I am now on my second M20 (the first got stolen) and indeed, every few times I use it, somehow it resets itself to default. I want it on 1080/25, continuous recording from startup (so no 3 min segments). Sometimes only the time gets reset, but usually everything BUT the time gets reset. This is on two separate M20s, so it has to be generic. Will SJCAM please fix it?

Mine has been working great.
Set it for video 1080/30 (US version) and all settings stay.
Time does reset with battery change (unless I'm really fast)

USB power while changing battery might keep the time alive.
Just checked, USB charge with battery change keeps time set.
I normally use car power or a power back so I haven't seen the time reset problem until today to test it :)

Last edited:
I now have three - and they all suffer from this, One now has an extra hassle - the wifi connection doesn't work, so there is now no way to adjust the clock. Is there?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
5 M20 0
J M20 2
O M20 9
K M20 14
K M20 1
Back