Yes. think the same.
the problem is that in short exposure the amount of noise is too large, so the photos at night with people do not get very good.

Also one more thing, even though the shutter speed/exposure time was set to 20s, the data in EXIF show 38.7s or 39s. I even have one set of photos show 74.1s.

This is with firmware 1.4.9. With the stock firmware which is 1.4.6, it show correct exposure time.

EDIT:-
Should I open a ticket? All of my complaint mostly about camera features; 1) Auto-correct engine for hot pixels in long exposure videolapse, and 2) wrong EXIF data. Both related to firmware or can be improved/fixed in firmware.

Last edited:
I found out that the hot pixels appeared in video, not only in videolapse, after I take long exposure photo. When I reset the camera to default, hot pixels disappeared in video. So every time I take long exposure photo, I need to remember to reset the camera to default, otherwise I will get hot pixels in video.

Can anyone test this with your camera? I want to see whether my camera is faulty or other unit have this "issue" too. First take long exposure photo, let say exposure time set to 10 seconds. Then, record a video in 1080p. Play the video on your computer to see whether your video also show hot pixels.

BTW, I did keep some of the photos & videos taken using 1.4.6 firmware which my camera came with and I don't see hot pixels in the video I took after I took long exposure photo. I'll try to downgrade to 1.4.6 & let you guys know later.

http://support.sjcam.com/support/solutions/articles/9000025261-hot-pixels-fix
This only work if you have stuck hot pixels which look like non-blinking white dots. The hot pixels which are tiny blinking dots that I got, it only go away after resetting the camera to default. I can't find firmware 1.4.6 to download at the moment unfortunately.

EDIT #2:-
With 1.4.6, there's still hot pixels in video after taking long exposure photo but the hot pixels gone if you turn the camera off and on back again. Preferably this way than resetting the camera.

Last edited:
Also one more thing, even though the shutter speed/exposure time was set to 20s, the data in EXIF show 38.7s or 39s. I even have one set of photos show 74.1s.

This is with firmware 1.4.9. With the stock firmware which is 1.4.6, it show correct exposure time.

Should I open a ticket? All of my complaint mostly about camera features; 1) Auto-correct engine for hot pixels in long exposure videolapse, and 2) wrong EXIF data. Both related to firmware or can be improved/fixed in firmware.
Yes, please open a ticket.

Thanks!

Yes, please open a ticket.

Thanks!
Done! Ticket #24270.

I only attached screenshot because the video (1080p60 25 seconds) that I have right now are too big. I can film a couple of seconds video & post it in the ticket if necessary.

Done! Ticket #24270.

I only attached screenshot because the video (1080p60 25 seconds) that I have right now are too big. I can film a couple of seconds video & post it in the ticket if necessary.
Okay, please upload to google drive. When uploading to youtube, the video is compressed...

Done. Uploaded to google drive and updated the ticket.
Okay, my colleagues said they have taken care of this ticket. Thanks for confirming!

If you don't know which camera to choose (SJCAM SJ6 Legend or SJ6 Legend Air) then this video may help you:

Hi guys, looking for some help. I'm having an issue with my SJ6 Legend. Is there a support thread on this site for SJ6?
SJCam Support has left me hanging so I am trying to look elsewhere for help.

Welcome to DCT @McFry :)
If you can't find help here, try on the "GoPrawn" forums (LINK) as they are more action-cam oriented than DCT. Very knowledgeable folks there (y)

Phil

Welcome to DCT @McFry :)
If you can't find help here, try on the "GoPrawn" forums (LINK) as they are more action-cam oriented than DCT. Very knowledgeable folks there (y)

Phil
Thank you very much for the info and the greeting Phil!
I will definitely check out the folks over there at go prawn.
I have been messing around with the camera quite a bit today and I'm convinced this is a hardware issue there is a short that is affecting the memory probably something with the SD card receptacle. When I manipulate the camera in my hands and press on the case a bit in areas it will produce a memory error. This is very sad because there has been no damage from brand new unless it was a dreaded fpv gremlin haha. the camera is in mint condition very little use and now that I'm getting geared up to use it this memory error rears its ugly head ARG! I payed about a hundred and seventy bucks for it 2 years ago not sure if it's even worth an effort to see if it can be saved.

Last edited:
Back