SJCAM SJ6 Legend 4K Action Camera Video Footage thread

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Feel free to post footage shot using the SJCAM SJ6 Legend on this thread. Also, maybe post the firmware version you camera was on when video footage was shot.

Two awesome videos shot on a drone. SJCAM SJ6 Legend on the CX20:

I'm just having a play with the videolapse function on the SJ6:

Just charging it back up so I can try the same from the back of the house!

Nice VL REV :cool:

Here are a few more videos:

Another static timelapse:

Some daytime dashcam footage at 2560x1440 (the raw footage was nice and sharp but as with most cameras you'll lose number plate capture when you're in darker areas and the exposure comes up):

Some daytime dashcam footage at 1920x1080 in Superview mode - I wouldn't personally recommend this mode for dashcam use due to the way it compresses cars etc - Superview is for action camera footage

Some nighttime footage at 1920x1080 in standard Wide mode:

All of the above were filmed with firmware 1.4 - the camera received 1.4.1 when I got home last night so I'll get more footage.

The Panasonic sensor does seem to blow out sometimes in the daytime (as shown in the timelapses even with average metering) - to be fair the SJ5000x Elite did the same in the same circumstances. Centre or spot would probably be a better choice for dashcam usage with average keeping actioncam footage nicely exposed across the scene.

Night time footage was pretty clean of noise but it's not the sharpest as it seems it's keeping the exposure times as high as possible at night (possibly 1/30) to keep things bright.

I'll get more footage with the newer firmware today and try and squeeze in some handheld footage (depending on todays weather!) :)

Also don't get too worried about the mic noise you'll hear in some of those videos - it's actually the camera picking up my car heaters up at max on the windscreen to keep it clear :)

Hi guys, I am interested in buying the sj6. Does it have the possibility to change settings by the buttons? For example can I select the burst mode and decide how many photos make in one second? Or change in slow motion video? I am asking this for example if I want to change settings in water.

Hi guys, I am interested in buying the sj6. Does it have the possibility to change settings by the buttons? For example can I select the burst mode and decide how many photos make in one second? Or change in slow motion video? I am asking this for example if I want to change settings in water.
Yes, you can change setting using the waterproof case buttons :)

Hi I cant get a video to last longer than 18 min I have turned looping off but when it gets to about 18 or 19 min it starts again im using a 32gb card
also when in dash cam mode it shuts down after about 5 min. I have tryed with just the battery on its own pluged in to the 12v on its own & 12v with the battery
nothing is making a difference. I got this cam as a Christmas present from my children & tbh im loosing faith in it

Any help would be appreciated thanx in advance
Dave

The only options for looping is 3,5, or 10min. so if I turn looping off you would expect a video as long a you want ( well until the sd card is full )
But because it saves in FAT32 the largest file it can record is 4gb before it stops & starts again.

If anyone can suggest another way of recording a larger file help would be greatly appreciated

I would just use registrator viewer to stitch together smaller files, the software do all the work at least with consecutive recorded files, but at worst you just have to click your mouse 5-6 times to get your files output to 1 large file in the original file format and quality.

I know it work with the SJ7 even the 4K resolutions, so it should work fine with the SJ6 legend files too.

The only options for looping is 3,5, or 10min. so if I turn looping off you would expect a video as long a you want ( well until the sd card is full )
But because it saves in FAT32 the largest file it can record is 4gb before it stops & starts again.

If anyone can suggest another way of recording a larger file help would be greatly appreciated

turn looping on and it will record continuously without stopping, if the card fills up it will start to overwrite the oldest file, they don't have enough battery life to fill any reasonable sized card and if you were using external power and needed longer record time you could just use a larger card, think of the loop setting as like chapters in a DVD, the movie is continuous and they are just navigation points

Darn it i almost forgot you David.

Dont see the small files as a issue, using registrator viewer is easy - peasy, and it bundle up or you can add /or detract from groups as you please.

But if its recordings one made after the other, then RV will see that and automatic bundle them up in 1 group so you just have to save that group and that will then be done to one long file instead of xxx smaller files.

If you pause video at 0:39 you will see 2 larger drives of mine grouped up automatic by RV on the top of the file list, if i want one of those saved as 1 long movie all i have to do is right click on the group and then select save whole group, and thats then done as 1 large file.

If you have many little files and / or a weak computer, have a cup of tea while "RV" do the work for you.

Put the SJ6 Legand on the front of RC truck for some low level "dash" cam footage today.
Using 1080/60 - gyro on high and high bitrate.
One truck broke down after just 50 M of driving so only my borrowed camera truck, and it was a short one in a new place as my friend have just been sick for the best part of a month, so we was easy so i did not need to do CPR on him.

As allways youtube is murder on footage, so if you prefer to Dl here is the link.
https://mega.nz/#!GtYkRQJR!P6LxgiTE5dsgZ2QbbITSnwLgJVeOtXx3uCXs1tl9M8U

Last edited:
Just dunked the SJ6 legend in a pond with still sleeping carp and friends, these guys have not eaten since the water temperature dropped below 14 deg C
So no wonder they are chilling on the bottom and waiting for spring to kick in and feeding season too.

A short comparison between two action cameras fixed on the same support. One is stabilized by the Feiyu Tech WG wearable gimbal (SJ6 Legend) while the other is used as a reference (ThiEye T5).

The SJ6 is just flying :)

A quick demo of a fisheye lens correction done with the Cyberlink Powerdirector using footage from the SJCam Sj6 Legend action camera.

SJ6 Legend 1080p 60fps ver. 1.4.4 I believe. I've to yet shoot a video lapse with it.

Back