so i updatet to the v1.18....

can someone say me a good and stable fw who can do fov narrow in 1080p/60 frames???

thats verry important to me to record 1080p/60 frames wth narrow fov because i ix the recording wit the clips fro my dslr and in the final film that shoud look nerly the same for thr fov....

rk recording can't handle my pc, so that 4k is not an option for me.

Last edited:
I just updated 1.18. I noticed that 1080 60fps with gyro on, the stabilization doesnt seem to work
Can you please take a video using your phone? We have not heard any others with this issue....

Hello Guys, can any non-English speakers whose language is supported by the SJ7 Star please help us to translate this into your native language?

"Gimbal Control"

Thanks in advance!

Danes would also use the english name Gimbal but Control in Danish are Kontrol, but i cant remember if Danish are in the language list.

I think i tried something on one of the cameras ( cant remember which one - selecting Danish ) but what i got was actually Swedish that are somewhat similar to Danish language

Danes would also use the english name Gimbal but Control in Danish are Kontrol, but i cant remember if Danish are in the language list.

I think i tried something on one of the cameras ( cant remember which one - selecting Danish ) but what i got was actually Swedish that are somewhat similar to Danish language
Yes, i think we have Swedish... Swedes have perfect English though anyways... LOL

i have the problem from the start, but thougt it be normal....and most of the time i record in the watercase or timelapse videos, so i forget to ask about.

when i set the microphone to "off" the cam still records audio as normal.....in any fw

i have the problem from the start, but thougt it be normal....and most of the time i record in the watercase or timelapse videos, so i forget to ask about.

when i set the microphone to "off" the cam still records audio as normal.....in any fw
The microphone off should turn the audio off.... There is also an audio level setting as well.

I have the same problem with my SJ7 :(

I have the same problem with my SJ7 :(
i kow, but the cam records sound eve

now i'm a little happy that i'm not the only one with that problem^^

next month i will be getting a second one for filming, i hope that one have not this issue...

i kow, but the cam records sound eve

now i'm a little happy that i'm not the only one with that problem^^

next month i will be getting a second one for filming, i hope that one have not this issue...
Can you guys please open a support ticket at support.sjcam.com ?

Thanks!

Is EIS 2.0 present in this version? I just went through the menus and the closest things I can find are Gyro on/off and Gimbal Control. I looked through more video I shot with this firmware. There appears to be no image stabilization.

Is EIS 2.0 present in this version? I just went through the menus and the closest things I can find are Gyro on/off and Gimbal Control. I looked through more video I shot with this firmware. There appears to be no image stabilization.
Yes, EIS2.0 is there. Several have already commented in the private forums here that there is improvement.

Are you in the tester's forum?

@TonySosa - Pls PM me about the testing forum. I didn't know one existed.

@TwoBlues - Distortion correction relates to managing the "fisheye" effect. IMHO all it does is swap the rounded fisheye image for a very odd forced perspective. I haven't used it with this camera, but the editors I've used support it and... Meh - it's just swapping one distortion for another.

EIS, unless I'm totally confused, stands for Electronic Image Stabilization. The camera may move, but the image beyond the camera doesn't - or not very much.

@TonySosa - Pls PM me about the testing forum. I didn't know one existed.

@TwoBlues - Distortion correction relates to managing the "fisheye" effect. IMHO all it does is swap the rounded fisheye image for a very odd forced perspective. I haven't used it with this camera, but the editors I've used support it and... Meh - it's just swapping one distortion for another.

EIS, unless I'm totally confused, stands for Electronic Image Stabilization. The camera may move, but the image beyond the camera doesn't - or not very much.
Tony will add your username to the SJCAM private (testers) forum if you send a PM!

Back