SJCAM SJ9 series

Sjcam free falling, just checked their forum, 93 pages of spam posts in the news & announcements subforum since Thursday.
It seem like the dear SJ guys are totally dropping the ball, not even being able to maintain their own forum.

Sjcam free falling, just checked their forum, 93 pages of spam posts in the news & announcements subforum since Thursday.
It seem like the dear SJ guys are totally dropping the ball, not even being able to maintain their own forum.
the English speaking guy that used to do all that stuff for them left there over a year ago

the English speaking guy that used to do all that stuff for them left there over a year ago
Perhaps his bosses didn't like the interfacing with DCT members and testers?

Seem like a few videos have started to pop up lately, and it don't look impressing i must say.

No they really seem to have dropped the ball on that one, footage i have seen dont look too bad, but the plastic used on the case seem to be bad and prone to breaking.

If i was to make a WP action camera, then it would just have 1 place to open and that would be where the battery and memory card would go, for connection to external microphones and charging ASO i would have to invent something.
Though IMO a action camera should not really be used with a external microphone, cuz then it is no longer a action camera but more likely a vloggin camera.
But i would probably have to support that cuz people buying my camera are not smarter than people in general.
I was thinking something like a DSLR hot shoe like connection to externals, then you can slide in a blank dummy for waterproof / protect connectors, or you can slide on a adapter with USB C for charging and a 2.5/3.5 mm jack for MIC.
And if these hot shoes was like LEGO you would be able to put on the charge / mic adapter and maybe a LED light cube on top of that.
IMO it do not matter if the camera become a little bulky in a vloggin scenario, it seem like those people will aim anything at them self to get on youtube, so as long as its not too heavy for their pencil thick arms.

Too bad i feel the way i do about batteries in such cameras, but i feel they mist be replaceable, so there must be 1 opening.

Also i dont get why no one are using a 18650 battery in their camera, that would not make it much larger than current models, and you will have up to 3500 MAH of power
In that case i would argue you could do without a replaceable battery.
Or if you do and made the end screw on cap a little larger than 18 mm you could still have the micro SD card in the same compartment too, and i have more faith in people being able to handle a screw in seal VS the click in seals of Gopro and others.

Human quirkiness (if all else fails read the instructions) is probably why the chinese cam manufacturers Including GoPro don't want to fix their toy cameras!
If you make it too large K ,(with the gimbal sized battery) it won't be an action camera!

No they really seem to have dropped the ball on that one, footage i have seen dont look too bad, but the plastic used on the case seem to be bad and prone to breaking.

If i was to make a WP action camera, then it would just have 1 place to open and that would be where the battery and memory card would go, for connection to external microphones and charging ASO i would have to invent something.
Though IMO a action camera should not really be used with a external microphone, cuz then it is no longer a action camera but more likely a vloggin camera.
But i would probably have to support that cuz people buying my camera are not smarter than people in general.
I was thinking something like a DSLR hot shoe like connection to externals, then you can slide in a blank dummy for waterproof / protect connectors, or you can slide on a adapter with USB C for charging and a 2.5/3.5 mm jack for MIC.
And if these hot shoes was like LEGO you would be able to put on the charge / mic adapter and maybe a LED light cube on top of that.
IMO it do not matter if the camera become a little bulky in a vloggin scenario, it seem like those people will aim anything at them self to get on youtube, so as long as its not too heavy for their pencil thick arms.

Too bad i feel the way i do about batteries in such cameras, but i feel they mist be replaceable, so there must be 1 opening.

Also i dont get why no one are using a 18650 battery in their camera, that would not make it much larger than current models, and you will have up to 3500 MAH of power
In that case i would argue you could do without a replaceable battery.
Or if you do and made the end screw on cap a little larger than 18 mm you could still have the micro SD card in the same compartment too, and i have more faith in people being able to handle a screw in seal VS the click in seals of Gopro and others.
Mikhail (tech4all) said his sj9 Strike arrived broken and rattling around in the plastic box, and in removing the battery pulled a piece off the bottom! Yuk! Yuk!
Mike

TBH looking at it, it even look cheap in some way ( had this feeling before videos started to appear )
As "T4A" also say its rounded shape are also pretty silly, i wonder what prompted that idea.

Stylistic reasons? But , yes silly that it rocks and rolls! Also, bad tripod security.

Back