Slow wideo download

Maciej chow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have connected my cam with Galaxy s10 thru high speed wi fi connection.
Downloading speed is 0,4-1 Mb/s, to download video need few hours,

1 Mbs does seem very slow. What is your link speed?

3 minutes video weight over 400 MB, so I need minimum a 400-600 seconds to download just 1 video

It is 1MByte/sec. then, which would be 8Mbps. That's on a lower end from what you can expect from 54Mbs link speed which is common for dashcams with 802.11g connection type. You would be better off just copy files from the SD card.

Nextbase used to save 2 files, hi and lo.

Hi for cable transfer to PC and lo for phone download.

~400Mb is the hi file

Thanks, my cam is 322gw, i will try to inserd memory card into laptop and then download.

Hi Maciej Chow,

Our cameras use a 'Wi-Fi Direct' connection between the 322GW and your S10. This enables your S10 to still be connected to an exterior Wi-Fi (for instance your home or office Wi-Fi access point), or 3G/4G if away from Wi-Fi. Our Dashcam videos take a long time to download because of the high quality of footage they capture. If you want quicker downloads, we'd recommend going into to the app, to 'menu'-'app settings'-'enable low resolution downloads'. This will allow you to quickly download lower-quality videos on your phone for quick viewing, whilst still enabling you to download high resolution videos in the necessary cases. If you'd like to download a large quantity of high-resolution recordings, we'd suggest inserting the SD directly into a computer or laptop as it will be significantly quicker, but sounds like you got to that conclusion by yourself.

Hope that makes things a little clearer for you.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

I'll confirm this - just witnessed a collision this morning and needed to transfer the footage off of my 422GW. The file was ~660MB. It was downloading at around 2.25MB/s average, peaking up to maybe 2.6MB/s. Took around 5 minutes to transfer ~3 minutes of footage. Next time I will pop out the SD card instead.

For Nextbase - I would love to be able to pull up home and have the dashcam automatically send all recorded footage to a NAS that I have on site.

wifi is for doing changes to settings, anything else and current camera wifi are simply too slow.
Even for a old guy like me that don't seem to be at the same rush to go nowhere as the rest of the world are trapped in.
A quality card reader on a fast USB, and you will max your memory cards read speeds, which are often around 80 - 90 MB/s

Automated backup to NAS would be nice, for that i would even turn on a wifi router and connect a NAS to it.
BUT ! it still have to be done ( snap fingers ) otherwise i cant be bothered.

Automated backup to NAS would be nice, for that i would even turn on a wifi router and connect a NAS to it.
BUT ! it still have to be done ( snap fingers ) otherwise i cant be bothered.

People are doing this with the DR900s and extra parts and effort. And LOTS of extra cost compared to most other cams. Most of us are better served with just pulling the card- it's not a huge bother really ;)

Phil

Yeah but only cuz someone made a program to do it, and still i don't think that camera have high speed wifi either.
so i am pulling my cards too, or bring the whole camera for FW updates which i some times do in front of the computer.

Back