So far very disappointed with F770

stealth.pilot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am somewhat disappointed with the F770. It is fine as a security cam, but there are several things that annoy me:

1) The video quality isn't as good as advertised. I find it to be grainy. It's fine for city driving, but if you are in the countryside going at 60mph on a windy country road, then it is very poor.

2) It picks up a lot of glare from the windshield and I think the unintelligent autofocus is part of the problem here.

3) The 64GB memory card limitation is a pathetic. Especially when combined with the forced partitioning of the SD card. If they insist on using anemic memory cards then they should at least have a dynamic partitioning.

I somewhat regret installing this. The only consolation is that the Blackvue was not much better given its crumby 720p rear camera.

I must admit my F770 picks up a bit of glare, the trouble is polarizing the filters to stops this dents the night time vision as it blocks light entering lens. I totally agree about card capacity, but must say I find the quality of recordings amazing, nothing even remotely like grainy, maybe your one is faulty ?

I don't think it's faulty. Because the recordings can be good in certain scenarios. However in the scenario i described where bitrate peaks that is when it has issues.

1) Due to the low bitrate. In fine detail scenes like trees the 10mbps bitrate cannot cope and it will start to get blocky.

2) There is no autofocus, its a fixed focus lens like most dashcams. Check your windscreen and dashboard reflections.

3) Yes yes it is.

I have to run a secondary cam to make up for the F770's short comings. F770 just has decent parking mode, everything else is average.

Back