So, I upgraded to the 900X-2CH...

Srtz06gxe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am upgrading from a DR900S-2CH to a DR900X-2CH. I originally ran the DR900S-2CH with a Power Magic Pro. It did well with the exception of being quite hot to the touch during the day.

Tonight, I purchased a DR900X-2CH and the CM100LTE Connectivity Module. I have a few questions for you ladies and gentlemen if you don't mind sharing.

Based on previous posts, I understand that a new Power Cord is necessary for this upgrade. I also see that the video cord linking the front and rear cameras is compatible between the older and new unit.

However, should I take out the Power Magic Pro that I ran with the DR900S-2CH? If I left it installed would it be beneficial or detrimental to the upgrade DR900X-2CH + CM100LTE System?

I thank you all in advance for your past and present posts! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
The DR900X-2CH comes with a built-in voltage monitor and parking mode cutoff timer, but you must have it wired using the included 3-wire hardwiring harness to have the DR900X battery protection features functional.

With the DR900X getting its power via the 3-wire hardwiring harness, you also get the "native parking mode" as well (enter / exits parking immediately based on the accessory power input to the camera).

If it were me, I would remove the power magic pro and install the 3-wire hardwiring harness provided with the DR900X and enable the battery protection features directly in the firmware settings of the camera.

You could leave the power magic pro in your car, but you would then have two things installed that have the same functionality. It should not hurt anything, but it's no longer necessary.

I recently posted the link my reviews of the DR900X-2CH / CM100LTE on my YouTube channel if you want to see my take on that setup.

BlackVue DR900X-2CH Dash Camera / BlackVue Cloud CM100LTE - Reviews

@rcg530 is spot on.

Another good reason to ditch the PMP is that they're prone to failure. Yours will eventually. That's why BV doesn't sell them anymore.

Might as well ditch the weak link while you're rearranging things.

The DR900X-2CH comes with a built-in voltage monitor and parking mode cutoff timer, but you must have it wired using the included 3-wire hardwiring harness to have the DR900X battery protection features functional.

With the DR900X getting its power via the 3-wire hardwiring harness, you also get the "native parking mode" as well (enter / exits parking immediately based on the accessory power input to the camera).

If it were me, I would remove the power magic pro and install the 3-wire hardwiring harness provided with the DR900X and enable the battery protection features directly in the firmware settings of the camera.

You could leave the power magic pro in your car, but you would then have two things installed that have the same functionality. It should not hurt anything, but it's no longer necessary.

I recently posted the link my reviews of the DR900X-2CH / CM100LTE on my YouTube channel if you want to see my take on that setup.

BlackVue DR900X-2CH Dash Camera / BlackVue Cloud CM100LTE - Reviews

Thank you so much for the detailed response, Sir. And, the videos were great! Thanks, again!

@rcg530 is spot on.

Another good reason to ditch the PMP is that they're prone to failure. Yours will eventually. That's why BV doesn't sell them anymore.

Might as well ditch the weak link while you're rearranging things.
Received. Thank you!

Back