So many.. so little..

Haim

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi All,

So I'm new to DashcamTalk, Been wondering around here for quite a while now,
So many cameras out there.. but it's easily narrowed down to just a few, for some reason I see most people are leaning towards Street Guardian in this forum, mostly seem due to the fact that owners/staff are very active here, not that I have a problem with that or anything but I prefer to hear from people who don't have a personal interest in the products.
If I got it correct.. we are looking at DOD, Street Guardian, Transcend and Mobius that are on top of this,
I'm totally new to this whole DashCam thing, never had one before, I can easily understand the tech-specification of the products but nothing beats hands-on experience, so i'm here to ask, what do you all recommend and why.
Oh and just for the record, I'm looking for a high end camera, budget range 200$-300$, and needlessly to say, very reliable.

Thank you all in advance !

DOD are overpriced for what they deliver, they've had lens issues in the last few models which is not good in warmer climates, the Transcend and Mobius are both good products

The latest transcend model they changed out the capacitor for a battery for some reason. (Not good for hot climates). Möbius is a good low cost option for sure.

... I'm looking for a high end camera, budget range 200$-300$, and needlessly to say, very reliable.

Welcome to DCT. I see that you're in Israel, which has a warm climate? So a capacitor-based dashcam would be sensible. High end, reliable. Sounds like my SGZC12RC. It's internals are essentially the same as the well-proven Panorama II, so it should be reliable long-term.

I bought it for it's discreetness, pre-buffered motion & g sensing, 2 year guarantee & 24/7/365 support by @niko @jokiin & @Pier28 . If it develops a hardware fault, they replace the camera. Peace of mind is part of the package.

image.jpg

Hi Russ331,
Thanks for the reply, Yes climate is a very important thing in my case,
I already took a look at the model you mentioned.. it's an impressive dashcam no doubt,
My only concern regarding Street Guardian is I couldn't find anyone in my region that supports/sells it, that for it self surprises me..

My only concern regarding Street Guardian is I couldn't find anyone in my region that supports/sells it, that for it self surprises me..

We haven't had any wholesale enquiries from your market to date, not sure what sort of market there is there either

I see most people are leaning towards Street Guardian in this forum, mostly seem due to the fact that owners/staff are very active here, not that I have a problem with that or anything but I prefer to hear from people who don't have a personal interest in the products
Welcome to DCT Haim :) Street Guardian products are popular because of build quality, and great service and support. I have no affiliation with them, but am a very happy owner of a SG9665GC. Good luck in your search!

Hi Russ331,
Thanks for the reply, Yes climate is a very important thing in my case,
I already took a look at the model you mentioned.. it's an impressive dashcam no doubt,
You can buy either from @Pier28 or my online shop ( free express delivery to Israel ), - we both going to look after you.

P.S. at the moment SGZC12RC is on preorder, but should be in stock soon.

Hi Guys, sorry for not responding, gotta stop working one day ;)

I didn't like the fact that the SGZC12RC is two parts..
Why not go for the SG9665GC or the SGZC12SG?

jokin - it's a very uprising market on dashcams,
DOD is the only major dashcam company that has an importer here (they act like amateurs), and they have published themselves pretty well, mostly thanks to the fact that most people are still ignorant to this market due to not
having much options, or experience, and emergency services are also interested in implementing dashcams due to public pressure and they are considering right now DOD since well.. already explained.

jokin - it's a very uprising market on dashcams,
DOD is the only major dashcam company that has an importer here (they act like amateurs), and they have published themselves pretty well, mostly thanks to the fact that most people are still ignorant to this market due to not
having much options, or experience, and emergency services are also interested in implementing dashcams due to public pressure and they are considering right now DOD since well.. already explained.

it's all up to distributors really, if they are not proactive to find the products to market it's very hard, whatever they decide to import is what you find in your local market, in all the trade shows we attend we rarely if ever meet anyone from Israel market

Both are excellent. The most popular model at the moment is the SG9665GC
I assume that they are also both great, but what's the difference between them?

The SG9665GC is a wedge shaped camera, if you have a dotted area on top of your windscreen in front ofthe RVM its perfect as most of camera footprint will be hidden my dots and only the lower part with the lens will be below the dots.

The SGZC12SG is in the more normal pocket camera shape, it allso hang off the windscreen but you will have the whole camera shape hanging below the dorred area i mentioned above ( if your car have it )

I think in general they are about the same size, but no matter what i think the SG9665GC is the more stealthy option in any car.

The SG9665GC is a wedge shaped camera, if you have a dotted area on top of your windscreen in front ofthe RVM its perfect as most of camera footprint will be hidden my dots and only the lower part with the lens will be below the dots.

The SGZC12SG is in the more normal pocket camera shape, it allso hang off the windscreen but you will have the whole camera shape hanging below the dorred area i mentioned above ( if your car have it )

I think in general they are about the same size, but no matter what i think the SG9665GC is the more stealthy option in any car.
+1

Back