Some issues and requests regarding A229Pro

I have posted a video comparing the footage of A229Pro, A119V3, and ZDR035.
Timestamps are included, so please make use of them. I hope this video will be of some help to you.

Based on the results of this video, here are my thoughts. When comparing IMX335 and IMX678, the sensor size is 1/2.8 for IMX335 and 1/1.8 for IMX678.
Due to the sensor size, the cell size is 2.00㎛ for both.
The SNR1s value is 0.59lx for IMX335, while it is 0.29lx for IMX678. Also, IMX335 is Starvis, while IMX678 is Starvis2. The difference between Starvis and Starvis2 is that the dynamic range is wider, so in reality, IMX678 should have a wider dynamic range than IMX335.

What I’m trying to say is that, based on the specs of the image sensor alone, I would expect the A229Pro, which is equipped with IMX678, to have a wider dynamic range and be brighter or lower noise at night than dashcams like the A119V3, which is equipped with IMX335. However, in reality, the results were such that I think the lack of software tuning is holding back the maximum performance of the hardware.

This is my amateur opinion, and I understand that the image sensor is not the only factor that determines image quality.

Nice work.
What firmware for the A229 Pro?

It's surprising that the 27.5fps FHD HDR image has a very good viewing angle, is more readable, clearer and does better than 30fps QHD or UHD recording.

Wow interesting results thanks for.youe hard work!
Thank you very much.
It's surprising that the 27.5fps FHD HDR image has a very good viewing angle, is more readable, clearer and does better than 30fps QHD or UHD recording.
The best selling dashcam in Japan right now is ZDR035 (the model we are comparing in the video) from a manufacturer called COMTEC, so it is excellent in its own right.
The definition and the clarity of text are the poorest of the models we compared, but the 2-megapixel sensor makes the camera resistant to nighttime brightness and white-out.

Back