Some people dont pay attention

Agree. I had a neighbor that once asked me what the blue light on the dash meant.
The other thing I see regularly is the use of fog lights, both front and rear, for no apparent reason (clear daylight or light rain).
Skippy

use of fog lights, both front and rear, for no apparent reason (clear daylight or light rain).

That would be the people i call Fogheads, but its not quite pronounced like its spelled ;)

The reason i think is 4 headlights look better then 2 :rolleyes:

Like this guy, this way are actually legal in daylight, but not at night.
Also i do think the lights are supposed to be sort of the same color.

My video is referring to a car which was exiting gas station and had intention to enter the road I was driving.I couldnt realize why he enter the road so much when there is a good visibility on that point of the road and its dark so you can see other cars headlights from far away,and put in danger himself and other drivers who drive that road.

It is just weakness / stupid , i see the same here with people that cant bother to press the brake hard enough to stop on the right side of the stop line at a intersection.
So they stop on the other side of the line and almost on the crosswalk.

I can give a video example of this from my recordings yesterday.

It is just weakness / stupid , i see the same here with people that cant bother to press the brake hard enough to stop on the right side of the stop line at a intersection.
So they stop on the other side of the line and almost on the crosswalk.

I can give a video example of this from my recordings yesterday.
I agree,no need to give video,I trust you.:D
I assumed,maybe,I and my video wasnt understood.:cool:

hehe well the guy i filmed yesterday, he was driving a BMW too, and that is not helping.

I understood your video just fine, and i was thinking silly when you passed by that guy on the left.
I just had to comment on skippyjasper post as i so hate those guys driving with fog light on, and i hate EU for making it legal to use in daytime,

Why not make it simple and say fog light are for use in fog or low visibility,,,,, and nothing else.

I agre
hehe well the guy i filmed yesterday, he was driving a BMW too, and that is not helping.

I understood your video just fine, and i was thinking silly when you passed by that guy on the left.
I just had to comment on skippyjasper post as i so hate those guys driving with fog light on, and i hate EU for making it legal to use in daytime,

Why not make it simple and say fog light are for use in fog or low visibility,,,,, and nothing else.
I agree with you again I also hate that guys driving with that fog lights turned on only during the day even when the visibility is great,newer cars has those daylight led lamps on their car,hate those too.Serbia is not in EU union yet and my opinion is never enter in that union,but our country leaders are excepting those EU regulations and laws,no questions asked if they are good or not.Car I drive on my work (as a taxi driver,where my dashcam is installed) have a fog lights but I turn them ON rare,only when there is a fog or heavy rain and when I am out of city streets and streetlights.Actually I am not use to drive with fog lights because I dont have that habit.

I have never had a car with front fog lights, and it have been rare i use the rear fog lights.
Off course we do have fog once in a while, but to me it rarely seem thick enough to put on the fog light.

Some new cars have so strong daytime running led lights than then it finally get dark people just drive with those on forgetting to turn on the lights, and as a result of that the only light in the rear are when the brakes are on.

O and i really hate the silly new cars that turn on one fog light if you turn the steering wheel, and i have even seen some ( Audi ) that appear to turn off the light in one side and then turn on the blinker when turning.

Some engineers i really feel should be put up against the wall.

there's a distinct difference between fog lights and driving lights. both are typically mounted low in front of the car, but have different focus/beam patterns.

fog lights have a low, wide beam that should not affect other drivers since it isn't aimed any higher than the standard headlights.

driving lights are often not really focused, or are focused similar to your brights/highbeam headlights (the ones that turn on the blue light on your dash). THESE are the ones that are illegal just about anywhere, just like it's illegal to use your high beams when there are other vehicles near you.

unfortunately automakers don't seem to care what they install there, and many have the same icon on the switch - a light shining into wavy lines. sometimes the lines in the icon representing the light beams are angled down to suggest fogs, but not always.

rear fog lights are rare in the US - you basically only see them on some european cars like bmw, mercedes and jaguar. even then they don't always have them. but nobody ever uses them right either, and so most people who see it probably think "haha, look, that super expensive car has one brake light stuck on".

on my wife's highlander, when i installed an HID conversion kit, i had to rewire the lights. originally, the low beam headlights were the daytime running lights, but that wouldn't have been good for the HID kit. so i re-wired it with relays so that when the parking lights were OFF, it would send power to the fog lamps (which are actually focused as fogs), so that they would be the DRLs. when the parking lights are ON, the low beams also come on. so basically the fogs are on any time the car is on. i put LEDs in the fogs so they'd match the HID headlights, and nobody ever flashes us for having too bright of lights.

Back