[Somewhere in Eastern Europe] Mercedes driver intentionally blocks ambulance

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
And the ambulance crew got it all on camera!
(Subtitled in English, activate subtitles)

I hope that idiot get reported - fined and his Mercedes taken too.

Any one undestand the lingo at the end where the ambulance seem to pass the mercedes, i assume the driver is telling the merc driver a fjew things.

My multilingo brain do seem to pick up somthing about police, and i hope thats you will be reported to the police you A - hole.

Any one undestand the lingo at the end where the ambulance seem to pass the mercedes, i assume the driver is telling the merc driver a fjew things.

My multilingo brain do seem to pick up somthing about police, and i hope thats you will be reported to the police you A - hole.
The video has English subtitles but if you watch it here on DCT they aren't activated (or at least they don't appear automatically to me).

I hope that idiot get reported - fined and his Mercedes taken too.
Not to mention the crazy amount of traffic violations he commited besides blocking the ambulance! As we say here, he'd be wrapped in blue paper*.

*- In the old days, the paper used in law suits had to be the official paper, which was blue. ;)

Looks like the idiot driver was taking advantage of the ambulance to get around slow traffic.

Looks like the idiot driver was taking advantage of the ambulance to get around slow traffic.

Agreed. While probably illegal, I don't think the ambulance driver could argue that the benz actually slowed him down. In fact, it appeared he TRIED to catch up to him (to get his tag) but the benz was too quick. IF the benz slowed the ambulance driver down, it was as a distraction - the constant commenting about the benz, and at the end, stopping to tell the guy off instead of using the clearing to get to his destination quicker. Benz was wrong, sure, but it was the actions of the ambulance driver that actually cause any delays.

Agreed. While probably illegal, (...)
Not probably: definitely! No matter what the ambulance driver was doing, the Mercedes driver should've pulled over like the rest of traffic.

Last edited:
Not probably: definitely! No matter what the ambulance driver was doing, the Mercedes driver should've pull over like the rest of traffic.

Ok, you win. Definitely illegal. Better? My point is, any delay the ambulance experienced was due to its driver being distracted and having to exchange words with the Benz. The Benz didn't slow them down, cause them to have to take ANY countermeasures, or in anyway hinder the ambulance - its driver was pissed that the Benz wasn't obeying the law. To which I say, tough ****zky. That's why he drives an ambulance, and not a police car.

My point is, any delay the ambulance experienced was due to its driver being distracted and having to exchange words with the Benz. The Benz didn't slow them down,
I don't think the ambulance driver was distracted at all. He had to be pretty focused to deal with any unexpected behavior from the idiot and all the traffic in front of him. The last thing an ambulance driver on an emergency needs is to get involved in an accident.
He only exchanged words with the Mercedes driver twice and the first time was more like shouting out loud inside the cabin.The Mercedes slowed the ambulance down 7 times, one of which to a complete stop. And what about the last traffic lights, where the Mercedes took the space the cars opened for the ambulance, forcing it to drive on the pavement to go through?
Next thing you're going to tell me the ambulance driver should be thankful to the Mercedes driver for "opening" the way through traffic for him... o_O

All through the vid we hear (read) someone saying call the cops, but we don't actually hear any phone call.:confused:

Agreed. While probably illegal, I don't think the ambulance driver could argue that the benz actually slowed him down. In fact, it appeared he TRIED to catch up to him (to get his tag) but the benz was too quick. IF the benz slowed the ambulance driver down, it was as a distraction - the constant commenting about the benz, and at the end, stopping to tell the guy off instead of using the clearing to get to his destination quicker. Benz was wrong, sure, but it was the actions of the ambulance driver that actually cause any delays.
Benz slowed him on at least 4 occasions where cars up ahead started to move over & this idiot took the line that the ambulance was going to take. Although the benz is fast, the ambulance could've drove a lot faster but most likely held back since he had no idea what the idiot was going to do next - and maybe hope he would get snarled up in traffic (which he did in the end & only because the ambulance went off to the right, forcing everyone to pull to the left & cut up the benz driver).

All through the vid we hear (read) someone saying call the cops, but we don't actually hear any phone call.:confused:
It seems the passenger was filming with his phone and didn't want to stop recording to make a phone call. Also from their conversation, it seems they were hoping the Mercedes driver would pull over at any moment. Wishful thinking...

Yeah, I wondered that. It's one of them times when you hang on & hang on hoping for something that never comes - although they were lucky that the idiot finally got caught up - 'hoist by his own petard' as they say.

Agreed. While probably illegal, I don't think the ambulance driver could argue that the benz actually slowed him down.
People don't pull over to clear a path for Mercedes drivers.
By putting himself between the ambulance and traffic ahead it meant the path ahead stayed blocked for longer.

Yeah, yeah, they're supposed to react better when they see/hear emergency vehicles, but fact is many people only get out of the way when they absolutely have to. They wait to see the emergency right behind them before they move. Mostly through inability to read the road.

As soon as i hear the siren my head start to pivot to figuere out where it is, and where and what i can do to get out of its way.

I think the rules here state that you have to stop no matter what, but say i am driving on a highway and one come up from behind, then i slow down to 50 or so so he can pass me quick ( depending on oncomming traffic i might allso stop all together )
And then i signal that i will be keeping as far right as i can.

And before that i will be flashing my brake lights to let him know i have seem him ( thats just somthing i do that i assume is nice for a ambulance driver )

On a highway ( 2 lanes here, one in each direction ) its the same if the ambulance is oncomming, if there is no cars for it to pass i will keep driving as is, if there is cars to pass i will slow down or stop all together so the ambulance dont have to hit the brake or lift on the trottle.

I think for the most its a matter of situational awareness and common decency and intelligence.

The MERC driver dont seem to have any of it.

As soon as i hear the siren my head start to pivot to figuere out where it is, and where and what i can do to get out of its way.

I think the rules here state that you have to stop no matter what, but say i am driving on a highway and one come up from behind, then i slow down to 50 or so so he can pass me quick ( depending on oncomming traffic i might allso stop all together )
And then i signal that i will be keeping as far right as i can.

And before that i will be flashing my brake lights to let him know i have seem him ( thats just somthing i do that i assume is nice for a ambulance driver )

On a highway ( 2 lanes here, one in each direction ) its the same if the ambulance is oncomming, if there is no cars for it to pass i will keep driving as is, if there is cars to pass i will slow down or stop all together so the ambulance dont have to hit the brake or lift on the trottle.
Exactly. That's pretty much what I learned in driving school and I believe it's being taught the same way nowadays. I guess people from our generation are a bit smarter. ;):)

I have serious doubts as to whether all the smart things in today's society actually make people smarter.

Doubts that just reinforce my joy over not having any kids myself.

I have serious doubts as to whether all the smart things in today's society actually make people smarter.....
Smart 'things' make people dumber for the simple reason they have less opportunity to exercise their brains. :(

Typical Mercedes driver

Back