Songkran, 2023. Nong Khai, Thailand

You would think that a country like mine, with a " exotic " past in regard to the gods we praised, and our love for partying and alcohol, well you would think we could match the Asians when they " bang gongs and bark at the moon "
But it seem that the people out there are better at it than we are.

In my home town the #2 largest here, we did have a carnival when i was young, but after a few years though a very big and popular event, it was stopped.
Same town also have its annual " party week " ( directly translated ) and there is also a lot of drinking, but it never got anything near the carnival.

We just come out of Easter also a occasion for alcohol consumption, at the Easter dinners everyone have / go to, and sure the police was also out in force and caught many DUI, but of those DUI people 75% of them was not alcohol but rather illegal drugs.
And sure with the popularity of the illegal drugs there gotta be a lot of "high driving", i gladly admit i did it pretty much every day for over 20 years when i was a pothead.

I have always wished to go to Japan during the spring festivals, but for the fireworks,,,,, i swear not the sake.

The good thing about songkran, while it does get rowdy... It is still a family thing.
If you notice the angle of the front cam shifted toward the end of the video.

The left rear tire went flat.

I parked on a side street, walked 7 km home. Will go back today and find a tire repair place.

I had a rear flat once before, screwed up something removing the wheel.

Will let the pros do the crossthreading this time.

I recon something like that will not cost a fortune out there.

Fortunately Danes have no qualms about letting kids experience alcohol at a early age, i was like 3-4 years old when i tasted beer the first time, and i liked it, so next time i asked they gave me Snaps ( 45 % ) and i also liked that.
But ! i was still 11 - 12 years old before i was "tipsy " the first time, and 14 - 15 before i was hammered the first time, this was also when i learned to empty my own stomach by jamming a finger down the throat.

The average Danish kid will be a seasoned consumer of alcohol by the age of 18, at that age i could handle with style 10 beers and 33 Cl of snaps, one thing you should not do is consume all that and then be stupid and smoke some weed, that would most often induce involuntary sleep.

Only once have i blacked out, for a few minutes, but not one of those " i was so drunk i can not remember anything " i remember having doubts for about 10 seconds where i was, but the party behind the door 4 feet from me, indicated that it was probably where i belonged.
O and then i have passed out for a few seconds walking down a stair, i still have the cut above my right eye to prove that fall. but no memory loss here either, just out / in and then waking up in a pool of beer as i carried a plastic bag full of beer in glass bottles.

I dont think i would be relaxed on a bar in Thailand, not geared for much noise and jolly people anymore, and sure as hell not getting " Tipsy " which would be fast these days.
I can sit somewhere and get drunk, and then stagger to bed just fine, like me and my M8 do on new years evenings.

Back