Sorry, urgent (have to return camera?)-slow transferring speed through wifi normal?

sltwtr

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi, i only have two days to decide if i should return the camera to aliexpress (i opened a dispute in the site).

i just bought the a129 plus duo. there are two problems:
1. when i try to download the files through the app via wi-fi it takes about 7 sec to download 20mb. that seems way too long.
2. when i try to watch the files in the app via wifi, it stopes every 10-15 seconds to load the video. each time it loads takes extra few seconds.

is it normal or a common problem with the camera?

thank you

Last edited:
The A129 Plus does not have the fastest wifi, A129 Pro and A139 are far faster.

There are quite a few reports of the plus model pausing to buffer video, I don't think it is normal to see pauses, but I think it does depend on the phone as well as the camera, it gets on better with some phones than others, so I don't think this indicates a problem with the camera as such, it is just doesn't have fast wifi.

If you are still recording while playing back, it will work better if you stop recording. Also if you are using maximum bitrate then it is more likely to have pauses.

7 sec to download 20mb
That is a little slower than I would expect, but not much. A139 will do that 20MB in 2 seconds if you have a good connection and a good device receiving it.

Yes the wifi radio in many systems have been pretty lackluster, even if they have been operating in the 5GHZ band.
Things are changing cuz after all wifi is like a drug to most people of the world.
for a long time we have advised against dowloading files in bulk, or streaming from dahscams via wifi or connected with USB to the computer, cuz dashcams make for very slow card readers too.

Last edited:
@Nigel thank you very much. Im not sure about the bitrate but ill check it. I do pause the recording. Aliexpress offered me a 33$ refund for that issue.
@kamkar thank you very much. How is it possible to switch to 5 ghz?

@Nigel thank you very much. Im not sure about the bitrate but ill check it. I do pause the recording. Aliexpress offered me a 33$ refund for that issue.
@kamkar thank you very much. How is it possible to switch to 5 ghz?
The Plus model does not have 5ghz.

okay my bad,,,,, not familiar with the model.

Israeli kickstarter dride 4k do claim to carry better wifi DL speeds in their pending system, they are out of kickstarter now but are still on indigogo

I cant say anything cuz it is not released / tried and tested system, but i will be getting one with 4K front and rear + all the smart options, so need to get a SIM card for a dashcam,,,,, something all new to me.
Release is slated for March, but it was supposed to be February, so with these things stuff can still slide.
Since they are your nationality, i would hit them up on facebook / where / how ever and talk to them, in case you cant find a solution to your problems.

I know many are wifi fans as their only means of digital communication is their phone, so they cant plug the memory card into a card reader and get 90 MB/s transfer speeds.
I both understand and dont understand these people ( large parts of earths population ) but i am a avid phone hater and wifi is about just as bad, not something i would use much myself.
Still a old dog have to learn new tricks, so i got on board with the dride 4k kickstarter, and have been trying to lend them my brain to pick,,,, i have been on a phone talk with the company boss, asking me ideas on things.

I am unsure if i will get any pre-production sample, but of course i will get the kickstarter i have signed up to.

Last edited:
:unsure:

Attachments

• 20986671.jpg
    20986671.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20986683.jpg
    20986683.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 14
OK. Thank you.
I think it was due to a hardware change, not just firmware. 5GHz seems to be expensive for some reason, and the A129 Plus is supposed to be the cheaper version of the A129. So get the A129 Pro, or A139 if you want fast wifi.

Of course you already have it in your Plus!

So get the A129 Pro, or A139 if you want fast wifi.

Of course you already have it in your Plus!
I'm satisfied with the Wi-Fi in my T130.;)

Photos of the A129 Plus menu are not mine.:)

Back