Source Code for Firmware

ToddQ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Spy Tec A118-C
Is it possible to get the source code for the firmware for these cameras? I'm using the SpyTec A118-C and would like to poke around inside. I've got many years programming experience with basic devices like this.

all i've seen is compiled firmwares on here. apparently there's no SDK for the novatek chips like this one... at least, none they're willing to share with mere plebes like us; only manufacturers.

jokiin, that was a very firm and short answer :)

Oh well, for now I'll deal with it as is. I've got the blurry issue on mine as well so I'm gonna take it apart and see if I can fix it. Just had to deal with a bad SD card too!

jokiin, that was a very firm and short answer :)

Oh well, for now I'll deal with it as is. I've got the blurry issue on mine as well so I'm gonna take it apart and see if I can fix it. Just had to deal with a bad SD card too!

for the record anytime I post a very short answer it normally means I'm posting from my mobile phone, I access the site a lot from mobile when I'm in between doing other things and sometimes don't have time for anything other than a very direct reply

source code is not available sorry and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending which side of the fence you're on) the Novatek platform doesn't have the tools available like Ambarella does that people can use to poke around in the firmware, the Ambarella stuff really only exits due to the massive market penetration of GoPro, no such large customers for Novatek to have spawned that type of user group

Thanks jokiin! I figured as much :) I'm actually pretty happy with the support on the forum! I've been able to solve any issue I've had with the camera just by poking around on here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L A118 (B40) 24
R A118 (B40) 3
Utah A118 (B40) 5
Back