Speed fluctuating in Registrator Viewer

DJR96

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Noticed this issue with RV. The speed displayed by the speedo in RV fluctuates by as much as +/-10kmh where the actual speed and the speed stamped onto the video by my Panorama S is spot on. It also shows some very high peak speeds which are clearly false. Anyone else have this issue?

OK, this is my first file upload to mega, so hopefully it works:-
https://mega.co.nz/#!1t4BEJpB!wwAT5M_6z08qjZegqy0Vld5eglBXRRPQtwdJWYvHx_s (209mb!)

[Mods, perhaps there could be a separate section for video playback software discussion?]

Are you on the latest version?

I think something similar was mentioned with dashcam viewer and an update was just released to fix this

Doh! Ya got me. I've only got v5.6.0.3

Just updated to the current version. But still get the same behaviour.

(Did I do the link to file correctly in my first post?)

Looks and seems like it'll work. I just wasn't sure that it was meant to display all of the URL which includes the encryption key. I assume that key is unique to that file though.

OK, good to know.

So does anyone else have this issue I'm seeing in RV?

Doh! Ya got me. I've only got v5.6.0.3

Just updated to the current version. But still get the same behaviour.

(Did I do the link to file correctly in my first post?)

Yes, Dave, the link works just fine.

I did try that one a week or so ago. Would have been version 1.3.5
But the four windows thingy really annoyed me so I gave up on it. Maybe it wasn't installed properly on my poota? But there was no mention of it so I just ran the .exe

I just downloaded version 1.4.1 but I haven't seen any difference other than it is essentially unresponsive and won't actually play at all. It is getting GPS data etc, but no video playback.o_O

Just realised I had selected a folder with more than 15 files in it. I copied 5 consecutive files to a separate folder...... no difference.:(

Last edited:
Dave, I jut downloaded and tried your video in Dashcam Viewer 1.4.1 (Mac) and it played smoothly (see video). Some speed-display fluctuation is normal because the data rate in the file is only 1 Hz. This is most apparent when accelerating or decelerating. If you're seeing 10 km/h fluctuation when traveling at a constant rate then there may be a problem. BTW, it seems that codec support varies from PC to PC resulting in playback stuttering for some folks using the Windows version of Dashcam Viewer 1.4.1. I am aware of this issue.

John

Thanks John. Sure looks to be working nicely on your PC.

The speed fluctuation I was seeing was in Registrator Viewer. Since it is not happening in DV one would conclude the files are OK and the issue is only with the RV player.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction with codecs, where to check what my PC has, what's needed, how to add any missing codecs?

The speed fluctuation I was seeing was in Registrator Viewer. Since it is not happening in DV one would conclude the files are OK and the issue is only with the RV player.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction with codecs, where to check what my PC has, what's needed, how to add any missing codecs?

What version of Windows are you running? http://shark007.net/ is a good codec pack

I'm more of a Mac guy, DJR, so I'm going to punt on that question. May be worth trying out JazJon's link.

John

Thanks so much for your time and help guys. And yes, I've got Windows 7. Have done for some time now, seems to do everything pretty well. Just this issue has got me. Always something though it would seem.

I've just downloaded and installed the Advanced 32-bit version of Shark007's codec pack. My W7 is 64-bit but I don't use WMC, only WMP, so essentially everything is 32-bit.
Maybe I need to do a full restart, but so far it hasn't made any difference.............

Back