Start Selling A139

You can order it on viofo.com/en/ if you desperately want it now,
That does not guarantee that you will receive it sooner, my guess is that it will arrive with the stock for the UK store, so it is probably better to wait, then if you buy from the UK you get easy return if necessary, new models do occasionally have hardware issues.

I'll wait for UK supplier, I can't stand the Parcelfarce delay with customs if it did ever get here from China.

Ordered yesterday off ali, stacked the coupons (-$22), came up to 247.98 USD and used Rakuten for 2.5% cashback. Supposedly shipped via FedexIP. We'll see how long it takes to get here.

I expect they will start selling it in 2021, this is just after 4 days from now.

Start selling in 2021 will make it a 2021 dashcam not a 2020 dashcam. Just look on how many products are described on Aliexpress as something like „NEW 2020...”.
So why to add „NEW 2020...” and start selling right after Christmas instead of adding „NEW 2021..” and sell it on 1 January 2021???

enjoy,
Mtz
Yep, you were right. :p
trdjhtrjsjtrs.png

If you look at the viofo web page you can see an image of the front of the unit, looks like the lettering is now in grey (which I think they mentioned would happen). Also external MIC is going to be an option. Will be interesting to see how the actual production units differ from the test units.

If you look at the viofo web page you can see an image of the front of the unit, looks like the lettering is now in grey (which I think they mentioned would happen). Also external MIC is going to be an option. Will be interesting to see how the actual production units differ from the test units.
I don't expect much more than this for now. It seems to be very well developed already, needing little to be as perfect as any dashcam gets. That's a far cry from my experiences with any other dashcam I've tested.

Phil

Ordered yesterday off ali, stacked the coupons (-$22), came up to 247.98 USD and used Rakuten for 2.5% cashback. Supposedly shipped via FedexIP. We'll see how long it takes to get here.

Wasn't actually FedexIP but 4PX. Shipped out on the 30th and arrived today locally. Pretty good. If I'm lucky I get it in my hands before the end of the week.

That's good going, around the same date as you I ordered a replacement case for my mobius and a varifocal lens from aliexpress.

I just got an email saying the case is in the country now.

Viofo.com has it listed as $269 USD.

https://www.viofo.com/en/home/207-3...-gps-dash-camera.html#/45-memory_card-no_card

Really disappointed I couldn't take part in the beta testing, but considering buying this model. Wondering if there will be a 2 Unit (Front + Interior) or if Viofo will only release a 3 camera setup.

Anyone have input on if this will be Viofo's only attempt at 3 channel?

View attachment 54932

Your link is a 2 channel..not 3 Channel!
You wrote "Wondering if there will be a 2 Unit (Front + Interior) or if Viofo will only release a 3 camera setup."

I missed where you said Front + Interior.

You wrote "Wondering if there will be a 2 Unit (Front + Interior) or if Viofo will only release a 3 camera setup."

I missed where you said Front + Interior.

Here's the failed Zenfox T3 with all sorts of problems. I wonder if a 2 in one design (instead of 3 separate cameras) is possible. And if Viofo has any plans on a different 3 channel design.

I am really wanting to swap out this camera for a 3 channel. So I might go ahead and bite the bullet on a 3 channel A139 (missed out on beta) once it hits amazon.

1609975968963.png

You can mount the rear unit wherever you want, only difference to the interior is that it doesn't have IR LEDs and does have better colour.

Do these cameras use a 3M adhesive or is it a suction?

Description says: Quick Release Mount

That 3M is hard as hell to get off a windshield. I've scratched my tint in a few spots being a bit careless and impatient trying to remove cameras. Best technique is a blow drying to heat up the adhesive and fishing line. However, I've tried using pliers to pull it through without heating up (when I got aggravated) and slipped. So ya a few scratches. SH*T happens.

But a quick release would be nice as long as it adheres firmly to the windshield.

Only concern on these cameras is a lack of display. I find it (hopefully unfounded) a bit worrying to know I can't see if the camera is functioning and recording properly. And clearly you aren't going to want to have the phone connected via wifi constantly as that generates heat and lowers bitrate.

So how has the reliability been on this 3 channel setup? Does camera beep to notify if there's a problem or it has stopped recording?

That 3M is hard as hell to get off a windshield. I've scratched my tint in a few spots being a bit careless and impatient trying to remove cameras. Best technique is a blow drying to heat up the adhesive and fishing line. However, I've tried using pliers to pull it through without heating up (when I got aggravated) and slipped. So ya a few scratches. SH*T happens.

But a quick release would be nice as long as it adheres firmly to the windshield.

Only concern on these cameras is a lack of display. I find it (hopefully unfounded) a bit worrying to know I can't see if the camera is functioning and recording properly. And clearly you aren't going to want to have the phone connected via wifi constantly as that generates heat and lowers bitrate.

So how has the reliability been on this 3 channel setup? Does camera beep to notify if there's a problem or it has stopped recording?
The mount adheres to the screen with 3m but the camera quick releases from the mount so I assume that is what they mean.
Lack of a screen doesn’t seem to be an issue because the camera has lights for recording and the voice announcements as well as beeps and these do seem to accurately indicate if it has stopped recording.

It's a 3M adhesive mount plate, then the camera is quick to install/release from the plate.

Only concern on these cameras is a lack of display.
I find it (hopefully unfounded) a bit worrying to know I can't see if the camera is functioning and recording properly. And clearly you aren't going to want to have the phone connected via wifi constantly as that generates heat and lowers bitrate.

I can understand why people coming from cameras with screens might be wary of buying a dashcam without one, but there are plenty of good cameras out there without a screen, mostly in the tube style. Many wedge cameras are installed where the driver cannot see the screen properly, if at all, and for most of the time the screen saver will be active. Then there are cameras with a screen that look like they are recording when they are not!

The A139 has been very reliable for me, and it seems for all the other testers. The startup voice '3 channel recording started' should give you enough confidence that the camera has power and is working normally.

Aside for the mobius and B1W the A139 is a first for me in screen less camera, but it dont really matter when it ( the wifi ) work as good as it do.
On the other hand my SG9663DR, connecting to its wifi are pretty much impossible for me, while i am no wifi or network buff, what happen here at my place, and i think the only place are a mystery.
The DR transmit wifi just fine, just most times i can not connect to it, and then suddenly one day i can connect / disconnect as much as i like to, only to not be able to do that the next weeks.
So very pleased the DR have a screen.

270 USD look as a reasonable price for a system like this.

As far as I can determine, mine hasn't missed a beat yet either. The voice notifier is good, but you can see the little lights too.

Many wedge cameras are installed where the driver cannot see the screen properly, if at all, and for most of the time the screen saver will be active. Then there are cameras with a screen that look like they are recording when they are not!
Absolutely agree. There's only one time where a screen is great and that is when you are having problems connecting with the app. I've never had that happen with any dashcam. And indeed most people seem to think that seeing images on the screen means they are being recorded properly but it doesn't, and that extends to the indicator LED's on a cam as well :eek: I've had this situation happen more than a few times with various cams. Initially I was not in favor of screenless cams but after trying several I'm equally happy without a screen. For me now all they usually do is make it easier to see if the cam is powering up when I expect it to because the screen is larger than the indicator LED's.

My A139 with the HWK has been absolutely reliable so far and it has seen daily use since I got it early in the beta-test phase. I have not been able to make it misbehave doing anything short of possibly severely abusing it. The only 'fail' I've been able to cause was by underpowering it with a cheap PS which I fully expected to see as any 3-channel cam is going to need robust powering. This is a most excellent dashcam in nearly every way and has been from the beginning. Of all the cams I've tested I've not seen a cam start off this well done. I absolutely love this cam :love:

Phil

Back