Start Selling A139

ill just have to see what comes when it gets here, cheers.
Almost certainly straight both ends for production units.
I don't think you will find it a problem, but it may be possible to use a short extension, don't think anyone has tried yet.

Almost certainly straight both ends for production units.
I don't think you will find it a problem, but it may be possible to use a short extension, don't think anyone has tried yet.
Yes im going to try and order an extension just in case, as iv got to wait for the dashcams from ali and iv got am android auto wifi box coming in about 1 month aswell https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...l&utm_campaign=bck-02172021update&utm_term=#/ , so i need it all here for then as the scirocco getting a lot of nice mods, cheers.

Another update, the microphone is now available on viofo.com:

I know nothing about microphones, I don't know if this would provide an advantage or where would be best to put it. I suppose an option is to put it near the door pillars, to record conversations if stopped, it might be an advantage when parked up to better record minor impacts as well.

I have no idea what good it should do, or how much it could do, but if it is not too expensive i have been planning on picking one up along with a hard wire kit.

I'm wondering whether A139 then uses only the external one or both internal and external because it would be quite interesting to have a microphone outside (or a contact microphone) of a vehicle.

I'm wondering whether A139 then uses only the external one or both internal and external because it would be quite interesting to have a microphone outside (or a contact microphone) of a vehicle.
Currently it only records the external audio, in mono, if you plug the external microphone in. Would be nice to record two channel audio, but I don't think that is going to happen.

It should pick up quite a lot more than the standard microphone, especially if you point it towards the driver's window. The standard one has to cope with quite a lot of noise coming from the glass, and it's also hidden inside a box. The external one is quite sensitive and you can mount it away from the glass, and closer to the rear seats for taxi use.

I dont feel like the MIC in the A139 are bad, but most things can always be better.
Except me cuz im so good and flawless :LOL:

I dont feel like the MIC in the A139 are bad, but most things can always be better.
Except me cuz im so good and flawless :LOL:
The standard mic in the A139 is very good! Most people will not need the external, but very good can definitely be improved on :)

I think it's pretty good right now. Going too sensitive brings in all kinds of background noises which can make the audio less pleasant, such as all the tools rattling around in my van on this State's crappy roads :( It will still get anything close-by as it is now which to me is all I have a need to capture. It's better than my fairly deaf ears :cool:

Phil

Dashcam came and has both ends straight, they didn't send me the bluetooth remote, i have sent them a few messages and Viofo haven't responded once.

Dashcam came and has both ends straight, they didn't send me the bluetooth remote, i have sent them a few messages and Viofo haven't responded once.

Is this through aliexpress? Maybe try contacting support through viofo.com, I have used this before to get a replacement A129 Duo, they were quite slow but it was sorted in the end.

Is this through aliexpress? Maybe try contacting support through viofo.com, I have used this before to get a replacement A129 Duo, they were quite slow but it was sorted in the end.
Hi, yes through Aliexpress, ill email them directly i think, cheers.

IIRC the bluetooth remote is not part of the standard A139 kit- did you order it specifically?

Viofo may not be the fastest to respond but he does very well in getting his customers issues resolved. Only a few dashcam companies are equal or better in this, and a huge number are worse.

Phil

IIRC the bluetooth remote is not part of the standard A139 kit- did you order it specifically?

Viofo may not be the fastest to respond but he does very well in getting his customers issues resolved. Only a few dashcam companies are equal or better in this, and a huge number are worse.

Phil
Yes I ordered the kit with the hardwire & remote, yes I know, ddpai and 70mai both took over 3 weeks to reply, shocking really the amount of custom they must loose by not responding the same day or the next more staff must be better than lost sales.

Back