Start - stop tech issue

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks Jokiin. I thought the ODB feed should be permanent? Would that not be the case? I have had the circuit tester on it and seems to be still supplying power.
OBD is a connection standard but it's not a standard protocol so no guarantee that the vehicle manufacturer will make this permanently live, the fact that you have a PMP and your power cuts out suggests it is cutting off, for a lot of recent BMW models it is necessary to go direct to the battery for the permanent feed as the computer can disable any circuit which has a load that is not meant to be there

Triggs88

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Balckvue DR650GW
OBD is a connection standard but it's not a standard protocol so no guarantee that the vehicle manufacturer will make this permanently live, the fact that you have a PMP and your power cuts out suggests it is cutting off, for a lot of recent BMW models it is necessary to go direct to the battery for the permanent feed as the computer can disable any circuit which has a load that is not meant to be there
Cheers! So what fuse would you suggest? Do you think use a circuit tester connected to each of the fuses and turn the dash on without engine?

Thanks!

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not sure which fuse you should use, as mentioned previously BMW's can disable circuits if there's a load present which doesn't belong, in a lot of cases the permanent feed needs to be taken directly from the battery to bypass the computer

Triggs88

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Balckvue DR650GW
For anyone that is interested. I have done alot of trial and error when using the BlackVue DR650GW 2 channel dashcams with a Powermagic Pro on a BMW F10/11/06/14 (5/6 series). I have found this combination is the best when connected to the fusebox in the glovebox:

Battery cable (Yellow) - Connect to Fuse 3 (OBD)
ACC cable (Red) - Connect to Fuse 12 (Light Module)
Ground cable (Black) - Connect to the bolt on when you take the side panel off (Where the Airbag key switch is)

Set the Powermagic Pro with this config:
(From left to right)
Up, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up

This will allow the dashcam to work for 6 hours as I have found that it dies after around 7 hours when set to 12 hours

Recording will also continue when car is off with stop start.

Hope this will help someone.