stick to git2 or go to hero 4 silver

Laudat Nicolae

Reaction score
Country
Italy
for a good quality you need a sunny day.the sensor needs lot of light .i made lot of tests all the settings, i ll let u decide.i think that the firmware before 1.5 was better.better quality on the video

in low light

hero u can compare with a hero 4 black quality first minutes.cristal clear image.the problem is when you start moving at high speed the street is all blurry,the detail is lost.depht of field i guess.my channel started to grow and i need a better camera the hero 4 started to descend

Nice video, have you tried the V1.6 firmware?
For motocycle, you can check the Git3 in near future, Git3 is good for motocycle usage.
Git3 video quality will be better than Git2, but still not a 4K camera.

Just checked your youtube channel, I saw you do a lots of motocycle action, maybe you can review Git3 if you like.

Nice video, have you tried the V1.6 firmware?
For motocycle, you can check the Git3 in near future, Git3 is good for motocycle usage.
Git3 video quality will be better than Git2, but still not a 4K camera.

Just checked your youtube channel, I saw you do a lots of motocycle action, maybe you can review Git3 if you like.
who needs 4k.bigger memory card,longer edit time,1080 is fine,maybe 120 fps will be better,and a setting for motorcycle vlog,the problem is at high speed,not capturing all the detail,maybe git 3 will change everything.the gyro is fine,on the road without it is very shaky without gyro but better quality.it s always on,that shake image gives me a headache.i will be happy to do a review.not tried yet the 1.6,last videos is with 1.5.i like vivid option saturated colours

who needs 4k.bigger memory card,longer edit time,1080 is fine,maybe 120 fps will be better,and a setting for motorcycle vlog,the problem is at high speed,not capturing all the detail,maybe git 3 will change everything.the gyro is fine,on the road without it is very shaky without gyro but better quality.it s always on,that shake image gives me a headache.i will be happy to do a review.not tried yet the 1.6,last videos is with 1.5.i like vivid option saturated colours

this is the best video i have ,i think i used goprostudio to render

Hero 5 is same price as Hero4 in China market now.

Reactions: Mtz
Hero 5 is same price as Hero4 in China market now.

I notice it's cheaper here now also, I think GoPro is not as powerful as before and they are having to drop their prices to more realistic levels as they have been losing market share

I saw Hero 4 Silver $280 in Amazon and Hero 5 sells $400 at GoPro shop, so there's still quite a difference. These are of course US prices without shipping (and taxes?) and retail prices are usually higher outside US.

With Hero 4 Silver you get native 4k at 15 fps (admittedly not very useful), 2.7k at 30 fps and 1440p at 48 fps (there's a mixed info about this), protune, and above all 45 Mbit/s bitrate which none of the cheap Chinese knock-offs have been able yet to provide (it's actually quite hard to find any info on these cameras about the bitrates which contributes a great deal to the final image quality). Yi 4k has higher specs (even slightly better than Hero 4 Black), superior battery life and cheaper price but comes with its own shortcomings like no external microphone (only offering inferior Bluetooth as "future update" which is huge minus given its price IMO) and proprieatary waterproof housing which completely disables settings menu trough the touchscreen.

In my opinion Hero 4 Silver offers quite a good value at the moment for those who look high image quality and option for superior audio and do not need gyro.

Last edited:
I notice it's cheaper here now also, I think GoPro is not as powerful as before and they are having to drop their prices to more realistic levels as they have been losing market share
I've recently read customer's complaints on Amazon, two of which say that the Hero 5 fw v 1.55 prevents aftermarket batteries,i.e., Wasabi from powering the camera!

With the A 12 there are soon to be many comparable cams. The voice recognition does not appear to be very efficient without the new voice remote according to dcrainmaker's review andcomparison to the Garmin Virb ultra 30

Back