Still not decided

Adel

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
None for the moment
Hello and please do excuse my english since it's not native.
For a couple of months I tried to do a bit of research for a dash cam. Took more then I thought it should but I think I found out some interesting things but I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a perfect camera since most of them either have good starvis 2 sensors but no hdr, if they have hdr and starvis 2 they have a issue with overheating. Most of them are not stealth and if you try and remove them you have a lot of cables and a plastic shoe that I don't find reliable.
Second, in the era of world wide commerce, I do find disturbing the double standard: you can buy a camera but the app is not available in your country - yes, I'm looking at Vantrue (I think that @Jeff_Vantrue is a dealer of them or he works there).
So, after all this talk ( seems I do have also the bad habit of going off topic as another member located also in Eu), let me place my requirments:
- I' ld preffer a 360° system of cameras or with a maximum field of view (had a crash a while ago, and the cop was playing dirty, because he knew the guy that bumped in me)
- starvis 2 or a good license plate recognition.
My short list is viofo a229 pro 3 ch (seems it's not quite suitable for hot weather), thinkware u3000 (the hdr/wdr beats me; I just don't know why the didn't decrease the aperture from 1.8 to a 1.5 to make it brighter), 70 mai 810 with a 4g module, vantrue N5 or N4pro (huge things, easy magnetic coupling but lousy cables - why didn't they placed them in the shoe and the double standard I just hate and weighs more then it should), nextbase 622 gw or blackvue 970 x plus. I noticed that there is a system from Thinkware with a box and 4 camera's to be linked, but couldn' t find a video.
Also I consider an 360 action cam.
What would you recommend? Wait for the blackvue/nextbase or go for a good one now?

Back