Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

Just curious, but what are the factors considered in deciding which way to go - 12/24v vs 5v?

one camera is a traditional type front window mount plus remote cam, that will use 5v as outboard power suits the design better, the other is a hideaway model with two remote cameras so we have more room to work with

one camera is a traditional type front window mount plus remote cam, that will use 5v as outboard power suits the design better, the other is a hideaway model with two remote cameras so we have more room to work with
Thanks, interested more in 2 remote cams unit but want to try both. By the way, parking mode is a must for me, otherwise I'm basically looking at an action cam. Parking mode includes all the bells of g-force, motion from both cams and maybe sound, timed shut off after driving mode (don't record in parked mode for more than x amount of time), voltage cut-off.
By the way, it would be very useful to all the customers if the config file was user editable on the uSD card, or at least loadable. For example to set amount of time other than the allowed numbers in the gui for lack of screen space.

Thanks, interested more in 2 remote cams unit but want to try both. By the way, parking mode is a must for me, otherwise I'm basically looking at an action cam. Parking mode includes all the bells of g-force, motion from both cams and maybe sound, timed shut off after driving mode (don't record in parked mode for more than x amount of time), voltage cut-off.
By the way, it would be very useful to all the customers if the config file was user editable on the uSD card, or at least loadable. For example to set amount of time other than the allowed numbers in the gui for lack of screen space.

features you're after would really be the dual remote version

Very interested in this too, hoping it will be small and inconspicuous. Any idea of form factor?
Trying not to draw attention for theft and not really liking the models that look like phones mount to the windshield.

Any estimate on the release date for the dual channels?

this year, exact date will depend how debug goes and how long it takes

Any suggestions on budget cameras to use in the meantime? I don't want to shell out for the GC or RC atm as I know I'll be getting the dual channel when it is released.

IR cam (like the blackvue dr650gw-2ch IR) please @jokiin :D

I hope to get a console vault and I really want a cam with a remote lens with IR to record inside the car, but with a separate dvr that can be hidden or locked away from thieves. the blackvue IR cam works great but if someone broke into your car and sees the cam the IR cam is no good if they steal the front cam/memory card, but the sgzc12rc doesn't record well in complete darkness (although opening the door causing the overhead light to turn on could be enough for a few seconds of visible recording).

I am now only interested in a remote body dual ch unit, so I can put the dashcam under the seat or under the dashboard, out of sight.
It's too easy to grab the dashcam and the memory stick inside when breaking into a vehicle. If the dashcam is on display, it's not really a deterrent is it, if it's easy to steal while you're inside the vehicle.

For the same reason I'm planning to get a desktop/mobile radio scanner that I can mount in the trunk, out of sight, and just mount the remote head in my car for radio control.

I am now only interested in a remote body dual ch unit, so I can put the dashcam under the seat or under the dashboard, out of sight.
It's too easy to grab the dashcam and the memory stick inside when breaking into a vehicle. If the dashcam is on display, it's not really a deterrent is it, if it's easy to steal while you're inside the vehicle.

For the same reason I'm planning to get a desktop/mobile radio scanner that I can mount in the trunk, out of sight, and just mount the remote head in my car for radio control.

dual remote version will be happening after we get the first dual cam model released

2 cameras, 1 for front, 1 for rear
What is the output from a dual channel system?
Does the device record two simultaneous video streams onto the same SD card, (or onto two separate cards), or are the streams combined into a single video file with double width/height dimensions?

jokiin says single uSD card (I wanted dual uSD cards but ...) and I have yet to see combined video files from any dashcam, so 1 file per channel.

Most Korean 2ch ( 1 flash card ) dashcams use combined video files.
Well then I'm glad the US dashcams that I've used have separate front/read mp4 files.

Back