Street Guardian saves the day. (Hit and Run)

DuckDuckMoose

Reaction score
Country
United States
First of all, apologies, but I can't post the video and license plate captures.
1) I'm married to an attorney. This makes me wary of sharing actual video out on the internet, which never ever forgets.
2) The other driver APPEARED to be deliberately playing head on chicken with me in an attempt to make me crash head on into the trees and fence on my side. They may not be the nicest of people.

that makes me really paranoid about sharing this kind of thing on a public forum.

I can say, however, that a particular driver of a Dodge Challenger SRT really regrets hitting my car and leaving the scene of the accident. The video was clear enough to show road conditions, show that I did everything short of suicide diving into a ranchland fence, showed that he was travelling dead on towards me centered INSIDE my lane with the yellow lines to the right of his car, and showed that he made no effort to evade me, and wonderfully captured the middle section of a Jerry Garcia song that I will NEVER forget the lyrics to.

The only thing I have to complain about is that apparently at some point the unit stopped getting data from the GPS module, but it wasn't at all needed for this accident.

I've used the money that I would have spent paying my deductible buying a V2. Consider it a tip for services rendered.

Here is how to blur license plate numbers (now built into YouTube)

It sounds like maybe the GPS is upside down or too close to the camera which will give less than optimal GPS signal results. How and where is yours mounted? Some cars have special glass that attiniate the GPS signal a bit as well.

The other driver's car is too distinctive / uncommon due to paint job, and, as I said, the internet never EVER forgets. I'm happy enough with the legal outcome and tend to believe that people should have a chance to outlive their dumb mistakes. It was a car accident, not a murder / police brutality recording.

Also, for all I know, playing Jerry Garcia while in a moving vehicle on that specific stretch of road is illegal. (I joke, I kid, I am being sarcastic.) Never know what, exactly, you could get in trouble for after many eyes have a chance to see something and compare it to an encyclopedic memory of laws / statutes.

The GPS unit is mounted on my dash in the lower left corner of my windshield, which would make the internals upside down. I'll try opening it up and flipping the electronics over.

The GPS emblem facing up towards the sky is the default position (stuck to the dash)

You only need to flip the PCB upside down if you mount upside down hang behind the windshield.

The GPS unit is mounted on my dash in the lower left corner of my windshield, which would make the internals upside down. I'll try opening it up and flipping the electronics over.

only flip if stuck to the window, if facing up on the dash there's no need

Back