Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO not turning on after hardwire?

Fyrinn

Reaction score
Country
United States
My brain is mush and I can't figure this out. It's grounded to my car and I'm using the cigar/stereo fuse for the red wire. My stereo turns on, the camera doesn't. It's fully plugged in at the camera. Right now it's grounded to my steering column and I've tried multiple different spots (94 Miata) no results.

It could be a busted HW kit, that do happen.

As i recall there should be a pilot light in the HW kit you should be able to see thru the vents in the hard wire kit.
To test if the camera itself are OK, you could use the provided kit, for the 12 V dash socket, just to make sure it is not the camera.

People have used wrong ground points some times, but 3 wrong ones would be a record.

I dont have any personal experience with the DCX2PRO model, i dont think you could mess up the power IN USB plug with the plug for the rear camera, people have messed up the GPS barrel plug some times and put that into the AV out plug, and then wondered why the GPS did not work.

BTW your nickname look viking inspired
In Danish ( one of the viking countries ) Fyr means dude / guy, or if you are ready to let say a 155 mm artillery shell fly it can also mean fire.
EDIT: o and Fyr,,,, thats also the tree you guys call pine.

Danish :rolleyes: if it was easy everyone would be doing it

Many old Norse words in the English language.

Last edited:
It could be a busted HW kit, that do happen.

As i recall there should be a pilot light in the HW kit you should be able to see thru the vents in the hard wire kit.
To test if the camera itself are OK, you could use the provided kit, for the 12 V dash socket, just to make sure it is not the camera.

People have used wrong ground points some times, but 3 wrong ones would be a record.

I dont have any personal experience with the DCX2PRO model, i dont think you could mess up the power IN USB plug with the plug for the rear camera, people have messed up the GPS barrel plug some times and put that into the AV out plug, and then wondered why the GPS did not work.
I can check for the pilot light later, but the camera worked fine before, I used the provided wiring for a few days before the hardwire got to my house.

It should not matter if you mess up the wiring of the two +12 V wires, if those are switched around the HW kit just would not work correctly, it should not blow it.

My friend have a Mercedes wagon,,,,, funny enough with the fuse box in the back, so putting a camera in his car he did not want to use the dash socket, so we got hold of a 4 port USB charger to use that hardwired to a ACC fuse.
The problem however was with a multi meter i could not find a damn ACC fuse in the car, they was all on all the time. But as it turned out it was just the smarts in the wire harness, so after we let the car sit for a while i was able to find a fuse that was now off.

But your 94 Miata should be even less smart than my little Suzuki car from 2012, and the smartest thing in that is the airbags and the ABS / ESP system, no problem finding always on and ACC fuses there, the only problem is reaching them in the little POS car ( i doubt a American would even see his worst enemy drive a car like mine )
My fuse box are in the drive foot well up under the dash, so you have to be a contortionist to reach them,,,,,, and at 56 years of age and a body ravaged of working too hard too much, well i am more like a 2 X 6 plank now.

If your HW kit are indeed bad, just hit your seller up and a new one should son be on the way to you.

PS i assume you use the street guardian hard wire kit,,,,,,, you need that as the time of generic hard wire kits are over.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SteveJ Hardwiring and Batteries 5
Back