Street Guardian SGZC12SGSK GPS Real Time Tracking

Ian Bachmann

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is it possible to track my unit SGZC12SGSK real time on Google Earth or Google maps?? When I go on trips my wife likes to know where i am and sometimes i have no cell service to get gsm data. If this isn't a option maybe in future releases this might be a good selling point.

No sorry.
Real time would require a cellular equipped DashCam. I'm not aware of anyone that does that yet. Novatek and Zoran SDK doesn't support interfacing with cellular data. Also if your phone doesn't have cellular signal that means nothing does.

Last edited:
A satellite phone would still most likely have coverage, but to have any data plan over those, you better not ask the price.

I was just wondering if I had my gps id number and some how log onto the satellites to get position info, I have no clue how to do this just putting it out there if anyone has ever done it?? Maybe if I can do this I wont have to buy a gps tracking device for my vehicle. Im prob dreaming but its just a idea lol...

JADO V690S support this function , but this model just sell in China mainland , because the smart voice control just support Chinese , FYI

I was just wondering if I had my gps id number and some how log onto the satellites to get position info, I have no clue how to do this just putting it out there if anyone has ever done it?? Maybe if I can do this I wont have to buy a gps tracking device for my vehicle. Im prob dreaming but its just a idea lol...
GPS is a one-way system. The satellites only broadcast time data and don't get any feedback from the GPS devices.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Have you looked into whether or not your cell phone supports this?

We keep track of our kids using their iPhones. Apple supports the feature natively but there are other apps you can use. I don't know if you can do this with Android but I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

GPS is a one-way system. The satellites only broadcast time data and don't get any feedback from the GPS devices.

Edit: spelling

Do you know how the GPS tracking systems work that are used to track trucks? Do they have a cellular feature built in?

The last company I worked for put those on the company trucks right after I left so didn't get a chance to see how they work.

Back