StreetGuardian short feedback

Dzm13

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Dashcamtalk forum!

Recently I was in search for good, reliable dashcam with two cameras. I'm subscribed to Reddit dashcam group and read through it. I was leaning towards the A129 when somebody in some thread reminded me of SG. How could I forget about them?!
1.5 year ago I moved to US from Belarus, small country not everyone even aware of :) But, StreetGuardian is known there! Can you believe it? I actually used to have some previous SG dashcam in my wife's car. And I remember how I purchased it. The guy who sell them in Belarus and provide support is knowledgeable, welcoming and nice in general. He maintains several topics about particular SG models on local forum where always possible to get all the answers and details.

OK, I thought, SG service was nice in my home country, let's try it here.
And I must tell Street Guardian US exceeded all my expectations. First this forum: always lighting-fast answers to the point. The same for private messages.
Second - ordering from them. I placed the order on Friday evening (when everybody are looking into going to the nearest bar), but the order was shipped the same day in an hour or so. As we agreed they added type-c reader for free. They also included two types of piggy-back fuses mini-ATO and standard ATO (2 of each type with 4 fuses) for the hardwiring kit. I do not know if it was done on purpose or incidently, but it saved my time during installation. Just because VW Tiguan's fuses box is designed the way it's hard to use two ATO at the same time, so I just used one mini-ATO instead (Tiguan has both type fuses in cabin).
In addition, what really touched me - this little sticker with serial number :) Despite the fact it's written everywhere that you need to write it down before installing the camera and before applying anti-rattle foam, SG just tossed in additional S/N. Why? Because people are dumb and don't care and keep forgetting obvious things. But not the StreetGuardian.
You rocks. Thank you!

Last edited:
The guy who sell them in Belarus and provide support is knowledgeable, welcoming and nice in general. He maintains several topics about particular SG models on local forum where always possible to get all the answers and details.
Thanks for the kind words!

I "know" Belarus, my people ( Danes ) seem to share a lot in with people from that general area.
And according to legend the Danish flag fell from the sky during a battle in Estonia in 1219, and that battleground are only 510 Km from Minsk.

I "know" Belarus, my people ( Danes ) seem to share a lot in with people from that general area.
And according to legend the Danish flag fell from the sky during a battle in Estonia in 1219, and that battleground are only 510 Km from Minsk.

Europe is relatively small, so people know their neighbors better :)
In USA conversation like below can be treated like "good" geography skill:
He: - What is your accent? Are you German?
Me: - No, I'm from Belarus
He: - Dude, it's so close, it's Europe, I was right!
Me: -... ehm... OK...
I'm not saying everybody should know every tiny Europe country, it's just funny :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dashtalk Owner Feedback on Vendors 1