Stuck on "welcome"

Goldwarmachine

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm liking the g1w so far except for one nagging issue.

About half of the time I turn on the truck, the g1w is stuck on the "welcome" screen, I'm not sure what causes this. The other half of the time, it turns on fine and begins recording immediately. When it gets stuck on "welcome" I cannot turn it off or get to menu no matter what buttons I press (power long press included). I often have to unplug it and wait for it to auto-off, then turn it on unplugged and then it usually comes on normally, if it were still plugged in, it just goes back to the stuck welcome screen until I manually turn it on while unplugged. Anyone have this same issue?

Also (less important), sometimes the lcd screen will be almost negative imaged, I have to turn it off and on to clear this.

I have motion detection off

Try formatting the card or try a different card, maybe even a different class of card if using a Class 10.
If it gets stuck without a card inserted it might be the issue.

When stuck, use reset button, what firmware version you have?

I think I found the problem, it was too cold. When I first got the camera, I had no issues whatsoever, this was during warmer times (Sept/Oct). The issues started popping up in December and this month, it was and has been COLD (below 30), yesterday and today were relatively warmer, upper 40's, plus the sun was out and shining in the truck, so it was warmer inside. I started my truck up a few times yesterday and today, zero issues with the camera, it booted up and immediately started recording. Does anyone have issues with this camera in cold weather?

The problem persisted with different sd cards, and without sd cards, it had no effect. I will check firmware version next time.

I think I found the problem, it was too cold. When I first got the camera, I had no issues whatsoever, this was during warmer times (Sept/Oct). The issues started popping up in December and this month, it was and has been COLD (below 30), yesterday and today were relatively warmer, upper 40's, plus the sun was out and shining in the truck, so it was warmer inside. I started my truck up a few times yesterday and today, zero issues with the camera, it booted up and immediately started recording. Does anyone have issues with this camera in cold weather?

The problem persisted with different sd cards, and without sd cards, it had no effect. I will check firmware version next time.

This explains a lot. Thats why manufacturers add into specs: Operational Temperature ratings ;) Most dash cams dont like to work below 0 or -10C ( some more advanced can work -20C ), but it's recommended not to leave dashcam in car for longer period if freezing outside.

I have to agree....... I am in Canada and it has been a cold winter so far. The camera gets stuck on the welcome screen on very cold mornings. All I do is slip out the power plug, wait for it to say goodbye and reconnect the power plug to recycle the unit and all is fine.

I'm experiencing the same issue, but without a solution

Back