Suction Cup Mount for A129 Pro

jchantw

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi guys, does anyone know if i can take the suction cup mount from A119 and use it with this A129 Pro? Thanks!

won't fit

Thanks. Wonder if any other suction cups will fit.. not too keen to use the sticker, as it may tear off my thermal film upon removal of the sticker later...

You don't want a suction cup for the A129 Pro, the high resolution means you will see loads of vibration and it will also suffer unnecessary motion blur.

If you want to reduce the strength of the adhesive mount, leave the central half the cover strip on. But thermal film should not pull off unless you tear it by using sharp tools, use a string to disconnect the adhesive and it should be fine.

You don't want a suction cup for the A129 Pro, the high resolution means you will see loads of vibration and it will also suffer unnecessary motion blur.

If you want to reduce the strength of the adhesive mount, leave the central half the cover strip on. But thermal film should not pull off unless you tear it by using sharp tools, use a string to disconnect the adhesive and it should be fine.

Thanks, perhaps this is the only way then...

I think somebody with a suction cup, A119, A129 can create some adapter with a 3D printer.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks again for this suggestion.. i might get this.. but the hinge may be shaky when the car is moving n cause the video to be shaky blur.. can't have the best of both worlds i guess...

With such a mount it would probably not be too difficult to fabricate an additional DIY support between the flat platform and the windshield glass that would add stability once the unit is adjusted to the proper position.

With such a mount it would probably not be too difficult to fabricate an additional DIY support between the flat platform and the windshield glass that would add stability once the unit is adjusted to the proper position.
With the 4K resolution you will still get a bit of camera shake motion blur just from the "rubber" suction cup.

It is fine for mounting in a temporary car, but a pity to spoil the 4K detail on a permanent mount.

better to just get a mount like this and attach the GPS mount to it https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000FGI9R0
Has anyone posted a photo of any wedge dashcam mounted with one of these? I'm trying to figure out how big it is, and how far the camera will be from the glass. The description on Amazon says it is 22.9 x 15.2 x 7.6 cm - I assume that's just the box?

The A119 suction mount works OK for the A129 rear camera but is a bit of a tight fit, may require slight thinning down in places. If suction mount is used on the rear the mount need to be at 90degrees against the way it would fit to a A119,

Has anyone posted a photo of any wedge dashcam mounted with one of these? I'm trying to figure out how big it is, and how far the camera will be from the glass. The description on Amazon says it is 22.9 x 15.2 x 7.6 cm - I assume that's just the box?
a few users have bought them, I haven't seen pics of them fitted though

This customer image was posted on the Amazon link that @jokiin provided. Seems like the camera could have been attached a bit higher up on the platform but it basically shows how it would work.

wedgecammounted.jpg

With the 4K resolution you will still get a bit of camera shake motion blur just from the "rubber" suction cup.

It is fine for mounting in a temporary car, but a pity to spoil the 4K detail on a permanent mount.

With a proper ancillary support this appears as if it might still provide a suitably stable platform for the camera as it would also help ameliorate any possible vibration from the suction cup. The modest price of the unit might make it a worthwhile experiment if it is the only possible solution.

Last edited:
I just noticed that there's another image on the Amazon page where a customer mounted a Rexing wedge cam using the mount horizontally. I wonder how that might work with a support directly behind the camera?

horizontal.jpg

I just noticed that there's another image on the Amazon page where a customer mounted a Rexing wedge cam using the mount horizontally. I wonder how that might work with a support directly behind the camera?

View attachment 48772
Vibration wise, the other one is probably better since most of the movement will be front-back which makes little difference to the image while on this one most will be up-down which will be more noticable.

Looks like this one may be more easy to fit into the desired space though.

The modest price of the unit might make it a worthwhile experiment if it is the only possible solution.
feedback on the Arkon brand mounts is that they are very solid, not the way I would want to use it but if suction mount is the choice then these are apparently some of the better ones in the market

Vibration wise, the other one is probably better since most of the movement will be front-back which makes little difference to the image while on this one most will be up-down which will be more noticable.

Looks like this one may be more easy to fit into the desired space though.

Vibration would likely be determined by the type of support used. A DIY project such as this would certainly require experimentation to see if the idea is viable at all.

One time, I was experiencing significant vibration on the mini-0806 due to the original style off-center mount which was problematic. I used a block of stiff foam cut from a dash cam package, exactly like the foam insert Viofo cameras ship in, spray painted black and attached with 3M VHB tape. It worked surprisingly well to stabilize the camera. A similar approach here between the glass and the back of the mount platform attached with 3M VHB tape would be a worthwhile experiment.

Yes, I'll try to scrounge up a old suction cup mount to see if it works somehow, n failing that I'll get this Arkon mount.. thanks to all your kind advice..

Back