Sunny and Hot - Wat do? - Alternatives for Viofo VF960/G900?

I got a reply from the seller. His camera is indeed limited to 80 degrees but not by the camera... Apparently most memory cards will fail around 80-85c so he makes sure to set the limit at the weakest link. Very nice of him!

His dash is recording at 12mbps but I should be able to change that with a firmware change, no?

So how is it possible for cameras to be rated operational at 95c?..

The Dashcam finally arrived. I had to pay extra $80 customs/tax :|
The microphone is extremely noisy (constant high-pitched whizz that seems to slightly change with the engine's revs) and the night recording isn't brilliant. I'll test it during the day tomorrow.

Here's just a small test from tonight:

Where did you get that one from? That reminds me of the early samples of the IMX322 version?

Alternator whine could be coming through the charger - is that with the supplied charger or hard wired?

I bought it from the international ebay link in the sticky of this forum, Korean seller shpkorea. That was with the supplied charger.

I'm, well, disappointed. :/

there was another user here recently that bought one of the Korean versions and the night video seemed much the same, I think the audio noise is something else though, can't recall any reports of the same

The real test would be the daylight driving, specifically driving towards the sun... I'll report back in 11 hours.

Oh, btw, is it normal that the description on the box says 'MOTOIN DETECTION'? That's usually how fake/counterfeit items are sold...

YLdSkXv.jpg

On my way to work today something fell off of the camera:

JCjp8FX.jpg

It was glued with cheap glue. With it also fell the $40 polarized lense....

Guys, what the **** is this, you've got to be kidding me.

On my way to work today something fell off of the camera, It was glued with cheap glue. With it also fell the $40 polarized lense....

Guys, what the **** is this, you've got to be kidding me.

that ring would stay there forever, until you go sticking a magnetic polariser to it unfortunately, it's a decorative trim that was never intended to hold any kind of weight

The camera+lense was sold as a bundled package...

Here's the day video, this section has both a part with the lense and without it. Can't notice much difference...

Overall experience: ...poor, to say the least. I would not recommend this camera from this seller. Perhaps it's better elsewhere.

You do realise you're supposed to rotate the CPL filter to get rid of the reflections and not just stick it on like that?

It's a Fine Vu Polarizing Filter. Heh reverend, nope, the instructions were in Korean only. It's difficult to see a difference on the camera's tiny display.

pick a sunny location, put a sheet of white paper on the dashboard, rotate the filter while you're watching the screen, you'll see a point where the paper is very hard to see

once you've found the right spot put a reference mark on the filter so you know when it's lined up

First time I used a CPL I had it on backwards - at least you can't do that with a magnetic one :)

It's like magic the first time you see it work

Back