Synchronous trigger

DigitalStirling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to build a 3D photogrammetry camera rig that simultaneously takes pictures from ~30 action cameras of humans and animals.
I haven been looking for an action cam brand that is not as expensive as a GoPro that I can trigger centrally and synchronously. So far I had no luck.
Any ideas of what brands/models I should try and the mechanism for triggering?

Thanks for any hint.

Cheers
Phil

Thanks very much for that Michael. I had a look at the unit and started thinking about how I could have multiple of these triggers triggered from a Master Arduino. Don't think this should be too hard.

You should be able to trigger the cameras directly from an Arduino, the trigger input is PCM and can be driven by a standard servo motor signal. If you are using the same trigger for all cameras then you only need one servo output but probably need several driver chips to provide enough current, connecting 30 cameras directly to one arduino output probably wouldn't have enough current to drive all their inputs. In terms of servo angle, it is something like centre is standby, +90 degree is video record, -90 degree is take photo. Some time since I looked it though so that may not be accurate.

Back