T-130 (3-CH) with multiple issues

John11

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I have T-130 with multiple issues:

The camera freezes every two to three days (hardwired), and I had to unplug it each time.

Difficulty to connect it to WIFI.

The WIFI connection gets always disconnected while browsing the app (Error 1009). ( 1:18)

Footages don't show up in the date order

The camera has been reset many times without benefit.

The latest firmware has been installed.
App installed with recent update

It’s still relatively new (4-month old) and the above concerns started to emerge for the last two months.

Is there a solution?

I would test the memory card on a PC ( using H2testw or crystal diskmark ) maybe full format it with Sdformatter.
If you format the card every time you have had a problem, it could be it only show up again when the memory card are full, i have found that old cards / memory card with marginal write speed can act like that.

I never had any wifi problems when i tested the T-130 system, you could try to put phone in airplane mode or turn off mobile data when you connect. Also if you have a VPN on the phone, those often cause problems for these things.

PS: For testing you can also try to run the system with the regular 12 V plug, just for a few days to see if that change anything ( maybe broken / flaky hard wire kit )

I have T-130 with multiple issues:

The camera freezes every two to three days (hardwired), and I had to unplug it each time.

Difficulty to connect it to WIFI.

The WIFI connection gets always disconnected while browsing the app (Error 1009). ( 1:18)

Footages don't show up in the date order

The camera has been reset many times without benefit.

The latest firmware has been installed.
App installed with recent update

It’s still relatively new (4-month old) and the above concerns started to emerge for the last two months.

Is there a solution?
I didn’t even try firmware V1.2_0815, but there were no such problems on firmware V1.2_0510.
Try to flash T130 with FWT130A_V1.2_0510 firmware and update the application in your smartphone.

128 GB SanDisk High Endurance
HK-4 Viofo kit
We confirmed the SanDisk high endurance is not compatible with T130, the MAX endurance is no problem.
I have also used a SanDisk High Endurance on my T130 and it didn't worked more than a few hours.

I just had the same issue with a Trancend ultra performance card in the viofo A229 system, worked just fine until the card filled up, ran a test on the card and it had write speeds much lower than claimed by factory, did a full format with SD formatter and speeds was more normal.

I tried the same with the Adata high endurance card, brand new its write speed was just like 30 MB/s but it should be more like 70 / 80 MB/s, a full format with SD formatter brought it up to more normal speeds.'
Mind you ! the card still only work in 1 dashcam ( vantrue E2 that seem to like these cards, it also like the Sansung EVO plus white card the A229 also do not like ) ) ,,,, and then my DJI osmo action camera which hit the card with 4K/60 FPS at 100 mbit, so higher write speed than any dashcamera i have.

I have sandisk high endurance card too ( 256 GB & 128 ), and it have worked fine in the cameras i have tested it in too, and TBH i also think i had it in the T130 when i tested that system.
but i think at least other viofo cameras have that card on the no good compatibility list

Last edited:
We confirmed that Sandisk's high endurance card is not compatible with the T130.

This card writing speed will be very slow when the card temperature becomes high.

I'm now using a SanDisk Extreme 256gb card and it still starts and stops recording by itself. I give up. I've gone thru every sd card that they've recommended.

I suggest VIOFO MLC cards or Kioxia Exceria both works fine in T130.

I'm now using a SanDisk Extreme 256gb card and it still starts and stops recording by itself. I give up. I've gone thru every sd card that they've recommended.
Have you connected the rear camera? Can it work well if disconnect the rear camera?

We confirmed that Sandisk's high endurance card is not compatible with the T130.

This card writing speed will be very slow when the card temperature becomes high.

Does SanDisk Extreme fits T-130 without issues ?

A 128gb will be fine. However it seems to not like 256gb cards at all. I went through every card that they recommend including their own 256gb sd card and it still had problems.
This is a bummer, I just ordered 256 GB Max Endurance

I have no issue with my SanDisk A1 Ultra 256GB wich is not recommended by my country seller.
I have used it more than a year already.

3 channels.

3 channels.
Strange, then it must be the unit itself. Viofo will send me a new one after they receive mine and it takes about 12 days to ship to China from NJ. I can't drive without a dashcam especially being a rideshare driver. So I'm saving for a new one from a different manufacturer.

Back