Taking the plunge on a G1W...

Nearly 2 hours at High bitrate or nearly 3 hours at Medium bitrate. Personally, I cannot see any difference in video quality between Medium or High bitrate, so mine is set to Medium.
Yes thanks for your help Russ, I tried it and agree. Standard/Medium is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'm going to sleep on my decision lol

Think I'm going to sleep on my decision lol

Good idea. I got my Möbius not too long ago and love it. Its so high quality it feels more like a real camera I would purchase for something other than a dash cam. That said its only job is my dash cam and it does it well and very descrete. The video is awesome and for the price I'm very happy. However not wanting to spend as much to get my girlfriend a new dash cam (older i1000 died) I decided to order a g1w. It should arrive in about a week or so. From what I've seen the video is okay and nice and sharp. The tradeoffs are a less angled lens, minor quality, and the audio issues which I don't really mind. I'm looking forward to comparing the two asap but I'm sure either choice will work well for you. It majorly comes down to size and whether you think a screen is actually use full or not.

Good idea. I got my Möbius not too long ago and love it. Its so high quality it feels more like a real camera I would purchase for something other than a dash cam. That said its only job is my dash cam and it does it well and very descrete. The video is awesome and for the price I'm very happy. However not wanting to spend as much to get my girlfriend a new dash cam (older i1000 died) I decided to order a g1w. It should arrive in about a week or so. From what I've seen the video is okay and nice and sharp. The tradeoffs are a less angled lens, minor quality, and the audio issues which I don't really mind. I'm looking forward to comparing the two asap but I'm sure either choice will work well for you. It majorly comes down to size and whether you think a screen is actually use full or not.

Thanks for your comment. I slept on it and decided to get the Mobius. It's my first dash cam so why not go for the one everyone's talking about :)

Like you I might get my wife the G1W for her car as she does low mileage, around 4000 a year.

The other plus side to the Mobius it's not just a dash cam, the £9 difference seemed like a no brainier in the end :)

See how I've changed my mind over the course of 27 posts :D

Thanks for your comment. I slept on it and decided to get the Mobius. It's my first dash cam so why not go for the one everyone's talking about :)

Like you I might get my wife the G1W for her car as she does low mileage, around 4000 a year.

The other plus side to the Mobius it's not just a dash cam, the £9 difference seemed like a no brainier in the end :)

See how I've changed my mind over the course of 27 posts :D

Good to hear. I think you'll be very happy with the choice. My reasoning for the g1w in the girlfriends car is the same as yours for your wife. Less driving, and for the most part she's only going to need it in case of an accident, whereas I'd like to post my videos of stuff happening more often. Its a good balance of cost and quality for a basic user I think.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A G1WX 37
Back