Tandem and firmware

dudek

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi

I've purchased a Tandem back in December and took it from Denmark to South America, where we are travelling in our camper. Here I've found out, that there are some issues with the camera. Basically the camera is supposed to start recording once it gets some power. I've been on OBD, car usb, powerbank usb, camper usb etc. and no luck. Sometimes it records, sometimes not.

I've been on several support cases (email) and phone calls with Garmin guys. They're great and trying but being a software developer I know, that there are always several solutions available. For now Garmin support are investigating the firmware. My Garmin Express says that it's on v 3.20 but Garmin believes that newest firmware for the Tandem is 1.9!

Garmin has offered to check the camera at their end but then I would have to wait until June, where I will be in Denmark for a short notice again. It's better than nothing but.. I would really love the camera to work now both for recording of beautifull-ness (we're in Patagonia) and also for security matters (we've already had a random dude throwing rocks at us on the highway!).

Has anyone done a firmware downgrade on Garmin units or even better - on the Tandem?

Thanks a million!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Garmin Other 1
nutsey Garmin Other 6
Back