Teardown

helg

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
M4+, miniONE, Mola N3, mini5, X5 Pro
I have opened the mola N3 housing, searching for the serial port UART0/ttyAMA0 pads for u-boot and Linux debugging.
There is a screw covered by the DDPAI sticker on the back side, that needs to be removed first.
DDPAI tried very hard to make the device unserviceable :confused:

I have opened the mola N3 housing, searching for the serial port UART0/ttyAMA0 pads for u-boot and Linux debugging.
There is a screw covered by the DDPAI sticker on the back side, that needs to be removed first.
DDPAI tried very hard to make the device unserviceable :confused:

Why do you need to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you need to do that?
I am planning to replace the Linux kernel with my own compiled version and need a recovery method if something goes wrong.
If it will be successful (and it will) i will do the same on my mini5.

I am planning to replace the Linux kernel with my own compiled version and need a recovery method if something goes wrong.
If it will be successful (and it will) i will do the same on my mini5.

That’s too deep for me to understand. I hope all goes well to your plan [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have decided to use mini5 for the experiments, because it is much easier to get to the UART0 pins, and it was a wise decision. I have flashed the fresh uImage and mini5 boots,
but 'main_app' does not find the shared library libDDPrompt.so. It looks like a simple LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem, although the 'native' DDPai uImage does not have this problem :rolleyes:
Need to solder the pads for debugging :eek:

Back