Temp Activated Fan

Nice monster you got there, scares all youth criminals away from your car:p
But seriously, would it be enough to put fan just pointed to camera from about 5 to 10 cm away to keep air moving around camera?
It's interesting to hear that heat sink is hot even now, it means that heat is transferring from mobius, although i'd like to remove original heat sink and replacing it with better model from the start.
I use normal settings in my mobius, and just reduced fps to 25 (hoping it matters), what settings you have, all to the max?

all maxed 30fps 1080 max quality(bitrate)
final product

its not scientifically proven, but i may say that results are obvious, i left it in the sun for half an hour recording, it got hot as usual, cant touch it(heatsink) for more than 3 seconds, turnd the fan on, came back after 5 minutes, and it was pleasantly warm, you can touch it all you want :D

i even put the heatsink on voltage converter
i am thinking that the copper heatsink would be better, because it transfers heat better, and aluminum stores heat better, and i actually dont want to collect heat, i want it to go away

of course, size and visibility is worrying me now
ill see what can be done about that in the next version :D

Last edited:
When i bought my unit I was thinking of doing this. Is your heatsink glued on? Thanks for sharing.

I can't speak for what @manijak actually did to secure the heat sink but I do hope he used a good thermal grease to attach it.

Last edited:
I simply attached a memory heat sink like this to my mobius,
sku_35816_1.jpg

it has pre-attached thermal tape to the back and you can feel it getting warm when the camera is running so it is pulling heat from the camera. My camera never comes off my window be it summer or winter and it has been living for over 2 years without a hint of issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C DIY Projects 7
Back