Tesla Sentry mode

ES550

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I have installed the A119 Mini 2 on a Tesla Model 3, plugged into the 12V plug. However, the 12V plug is always on whenever sentry mode is on. I don't need it to be on full recording when sentry mode is on, but there is no way to disable or turn it to parking mode without the hardwire kit. Running it on 24/7 will cause a lot of wear and tear on the dashcam as well as the memory card, unnecessary.

Any other way to turn it into parking mode after a period of no activity (GPS based)?

Thanks!

If you look on eBay and Amazon you'll find a wide range of fairly inexpensive on/off delay timers than can work with different voltages to turn devices like dash cams on or off at desired intervals.
Over the years here on DCT some members have reported good success in situations like you describe. Something like this may work for you but you'll need to explore these timers further for your particular scenario because as I recall many of these discussions were back before modern dash cam parking mode became a thing, especially with Teslas.

Anyway, this "may" be the solution you are looking for.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=on+off+5v+timer&_sacat=0

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=5v+on+of+delay+timers&crid=2OG3XABD2UOWE&sprefix=5v+on+of+delay+timers,aps,109&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Last edited:
but there is no way to disable or turn it to parking mode without the hardwire kit. Running it on 24/7 will cause a lot of wear and tear on the dashcam as well as the memory card, unnecessary.

Any other way to turn it into parking mode after a period of no activity (GPS based)?
I thought that it entered parking mode after 5 minutes of inactivity when plugged into the 12V plug, and if you set the parking mode duration timer, it should shut down after, for example 30 minutes of parking. I don't have a Mini 2 to check though, and I'm not sure how it wakes up again, or what happens after 5 minutes if parking mode is disabled?...

Back