TF2,WF1, and Marcus rear view mirror mount.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I posted about this in the G1W section, but wanted to post here so Vico users would see it. DCT member BobSagget was kind enough to share the G1W rear view mirror mount he found for his G1W-H. After buying a few to make my G1W car hopping easier I decided to try them on my Vico TF2 and WF1.

The mounts are $2.38 USD and can be found on eBay here.
At first I assumed that I would have to hack together the Vico mount to the rear view mirror mount, but the ball part of the mount included with the Vico is to small for the rear view mirror mount housing even tighten all the way down it is so loose that it would not stay in place on the smoothest of roads.

Unfortunately this also means that the quick release bracket is not compatible with the rear view mirror mount, but the mirror mount fits snug in the TF2 without the QRB, and fits in the WF1 as well. I bought more then one mount and for some reason one was snug and the other almost to tight, but they do fit.

20rvdx2.jpg

2jcgc5v.jpg

28ovbn.jpg

s6ud02.jpg

330ec6t.jpg

2i6ovfr.jpg

Rear view mirror mount on the left. Vico mount on the right.
1zw2p84.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump for WF1 installed
33cviow.jpg

2qx9awm.png

The only small drawback is that the camera sits just slightly higher then I would like, but pushing it any lower puts the mirror out of whack for driving. Again not horrible, but a little higher then I am used to. It catches the very top of the dashboard.

Also had the TF2 in the Camaro using a mirror mount with no issue other then it was so set it and forget it I almost forgot to take it out when I put the Camaro away.

A third bump for the new Marcus 3.
The RearView Mirror mount above will work with the Marcus 3. However because the Marcus 3 mounts at an angle and the TF2/WF1 mount on the top of the device you have to use the quick release bracket from the Marcus 3. The direct mount fits, but all you will be shooting is roof tops. Unlike the quick release on the TF2 the M3 release fits snug in the RearView Mirror mount coupler when tightened down.

I have tested both the RearView Mirror mount and my already installed TF2/WF1 3M mount seen in the TF2 picture above and both work as long as you switch the quick release bracket over to get the angle needed to point the Marcus 3 straight.

I have not tested, but assume that if you swap out the 3M angled bracket for your already installed 3M pad it should work as well. I'll try to confirm this week.

Marcus 3 installed.
acr5lc.jpg

2qxondc.png

Back