Thank you all!!

I reset to default using the option in the camera settings and the remote still didn’t pair.
I will try the reset button next.
I reset to default on the menu and hit the reset button for 5 seconds as you suggested. No pairing. I did both resets again and still no pairing. bummer.

I reset to default on the menu and hit the reset button for 5 seconds as you suggested. No pairing. I did both resets again and still no pairing. bummer
Have you tried changing the battery in the remote? There is a spare in the remote package.

What firmware is the camera on?

Yes, I swapped the remote battery a couple of times, which Viofo asked me to try as well. The firmware is A129Pro: V2.5 Build: 20210907

I registered the unit with Viofo and mentioned not pairing. The rep asked for screen shots of the receipts for the dashcam and remote when I purchased from you. The Ebay receipts don't completely fit into a screen shot, so I hope those are enough. I'm wondering if I should have mentioned this problem to Viofo?

Thank you!

Yes, I swapped the remote battery a couple of times, which Viofo asked me to try as well. The firmware is A129Pro: V2.5 Build: 20210907

I registered the unit with Viofo and mentioned not pairing. The rep asked for screen shots of the receipts for the dashcam and remote when I purchased from you. The Ebay receipts don't completely fit into a screen shot, so I hope those are enough. I'm wondering if I should have mentioned this problem to Viofo?

Thank you!
I’ll pair a remote here with firmware V2.5 just to make sure there isn’t any issue. Unlikely, but always good to check. I’ll let you know.

Thank you!
I was able to pair to V2.5 with no issue. When you press and hold the Bluetooth button (while the camera is on and recording), what does the LED on the remote do?

I was able to pair to V2.5 with no issue. When you press and hold the Bluetooth button (while the camera is on and recording), what does the LED on the remote do?
I did the menu default and then pushed the reset button for 5 seconds as you suggested. When the camera rebooted and resumed recording, I held down the remote button for 5 seconds/10 seconds/20 seconds with no result. When pushing the button, the red light comes on and then goes out after a few seconds.

You had mentioned that sometimes the blue light doesn't appear on the remote even though it paired. So I then tried pushing the remote button a little later, and it had no effect on the dashcam.

I did the menu default and then pushed the reset button for 5 seconds as you suggested. When the camera rebooted and resumed recording, I held down the remote button for 5 seconds/10 seconds/20 seconds with no result. When pushing the button, the red light comes on and then goes out after a few seconds.

You had mentioned that sometimes the blue light doesn't appear on the remote even though it paired. So I then tried pushing the remote button a little later, and it had no effect on the dashcam.
OK, send me an email with your details and I'll get another remote shipped out.

I received a replacement remote from captureyouraction today. I did the reset to default and then used the reset button before attempting to pair the remote. No success pairing this time too, even after switching to the spare battery and redoing the reset and pairing steps. I'm suspecting the dashcam bluetooth isn't functional. Other than this remote pairing issue, but new dashcam is working fine.
(y)It definitely pays to buy from recommended sellers for support in case problems like this occur!

Back