The Box - the Dashcam. Includes Video Samples.

The interior cam connects via a 3.5mm jack plug. It's position just below the card slot is a little odd - means you may have to turn it in the socket to access the card.

The 12v is USB to USB-C.

The interior cam connects via a 3.5mm jack plug. It's position just below the card slot is a little odd - means you may have to turn it in the socket to access the card.

The 12v is USB to USB-C.
Ah dang yes the old USB-A to USB-C ending, I thought it was as much a 3.5mm jack but didn't want to get it wrong haha.

Interesting choice to use 3.5mm, they must have a reason, hopefully didn't impact on usability that much with the card slot...

If I had one, lol. My largest card is 128, but the cam can handle 512.

Paul.

Here is what I ordered for my A229 Pro. The price was less from their company store than it was from their Amazon store.

Kingston Canvas Go Plus microSD Memory Card

At this size it should be formated exFAT, I will check the VIOFO manual and see what they say. I generally format via Linux Mint and find that seems
to "work better" and produce less issues than via Windows.

Screengrab of dusk drive:

Plate_wide.jpg

Impressive!! Dusk with headlights that seems to be not very bright. Still, you've got there a quite clear license plate.

@Paul Iddon are you suggesting that their there is finally a dashcam that can actually read a number plate at night!
Fantastic image.
Is that video clip using HDR? assuming it has HDR.
Oh and is it 4K front? I'm still waking up!

Cheers

Last edited:
Damn! Crystal clear. Definitely a step forward over the A139 Pro.

4k front, but screengrab is only 2560x1440 @96dpi. Car was doing around 20mph, HDR on.

Grabbed one here at max res:View attachment 67817View attachment 67818

Thanks for posting another photo.
This is great stuff.

I really think Viofo have a winner with this dashcam for the most discerning Dashcam users out there.

Interesting that the headlights are illuminating the number plate but it is still very readable as obsed* opposed to how many times in the past the number plate would be washed out by reflection.

*(I think I'll stop trying to type for a couple of hours as my spelling really sucks today.)
Cheers

Last edited:
I see there are still halo's around the lamps, other than that the images looked great.

Back