The cam seemed to be recording but at the end no video was found

Octavia

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello friends,
Today i mounted my b1w dash cam. Recording was blinking as well as the green indicator on the dash cam .
After parking the car i wanted to check the video quality of my great looking new dash cam, i've opened "video" folder but to my surprise , the folder was empty.
What am i dong wrong?
Why the cam did nor record any video file ?
Thanks

Hi Octavia,
which Micro-SD-Card is inside and how it's formatted? It shouldn't be a SanDisk (Samsung evo plus is very good) and it should be formatted with FAT32 (exFAT is not good).

I use Samsung evo sd card but i did not format it because i don't know how to enter the dash cam settings .
I just took the sd card out of other dash cam i use.
It is formatted with Fat 32

Maybe the dash cam records video only if wifi turned off , i turned it on in order to choose a good location for the dash cam using my smartphone .

Do you have a smartphone or tablet you can use the app to check the settings?

I use my Xiaomi X4 for the app
How do i enter the settings of the dash cam ? In some reviews i saw there is a format sd card function inside the settings .

I use my Xiaomi X4 for the app
How do i enter the settings of the dash cam ? In some reviews i saw there is a format sd card function inside the settings .

no idea, not a product I've used, I'm sure someone on here that has one will be able to advise though

I have only used the B1W with the wifi on, as i recall a long press of the lock button on the end should turn on /off wifi.

to enter the camera on the phone you need to turn off mobile data, then turn on phone wifi connect to the wifi of the camera using the PW 1234567890

after that you turn on the app and connect to the camera

The LED on the camera will be red if wifi is off, green if wifi are on, press lock button for 5 seconds to make change to wifi.

from the app you can do a few settings and off course format the memory card too.

I've connected to the camera exactly as described above but did not notice settings . I'll try again today .

@Octavia Could you tell me more details? How about its led indicator flashes or not? Its led indicator should flash when recording;
And also,please kindly to show me this APP interface form your phone,thanks!

Regards,
Vicky

I found the settings logo ,entered them and formatted the SD card.
After recording some video files and pictures i wanted to see them in their folders through my phone using the app but once again i did not find any video or photo then i took the dash cam and connected it to the pc at home. Only after that i found the files.
So now i know that the dash cam works fine ,on the other hand, i'm not able to locate the files when the dash cam connected to the smartphone via wifi.

Vicky, when i start the car , i receive voice notification that recording has started ,the green indicator flashed and the app connects to my smartphone.

Reset the camera to default settings and try again.

enjoy,
Mtz

After i turned the wifi off (red indicator started flashing) i could see the video&photo files , now i'm not sure what is better for me, to keep wifi always on or off
I want to be able to check and send video and photo at any given time .

One thing i've noticed , sound quality is very bad and even the picture quality is not perfect , in one video the picture was very good and in other video the picture was slow and divided into squares :(

Upload a bad video to some host so people can check it. You can also test it by uploading on YouTube and see if is video problem or the problem is your player.

enjoy,
Mtz

Is there a way to send a video using the app or the only way is to copy it to the pc and upload it from there ?

Last edited:
Well you only need wifi to make changes to the settings, and i assume download videos to your phone, but personally i never do that i put the memory card in my card reader connected to my PC

You can share a video by uploading it to some place like google drive - mega.nz or microsoft sky drive and so on, or you can put the video on youtube though that do make some changes to video quality as they convert the video to their format so it take up less space on their servers.

so in order to -
1.Be able to see the files when i'm in the car and i use the app -wifi must be turned off
2.Share a file using the app-wifi must be on, but, the file can be shared from the pc as well and then i don't need wifi
did i understood it right ?

After one more "test-drive" i noticed that the video playback is a bit laggy . The light amount and color is great but the picture is not smooth .

Last edited:
Hello friends,
Today i mounted my b1w dash cam. Recording was blinking as well as the green indicator on the dash cam .
After parking the car i wanted to check the video quality of my great looking new dash cam, i've opened "video" folder but to my surprise , the folder was empty.
What am i dong wrong?
Why the cam did nor record any video file ?
Thanks
Just wonder which "video" folder you opened in its APP?
There is a "local file" folder to storage these downloaded videos and photos from your dashcam memory card to your phone local storage.If you do not download any video to your phone local storage,it has nothing in this folder when you open.

Back