The GoPro Hero4 and new cheap $130 / £100 Hero

You don't mess about mate! Any ideas what sensor is in it? So far I've read it's a 13Mp vs the old 12Mp.

I'm in a quandary now - X2 or GP4 Black?!

Im an early adopter and gear slut.... :oops::p

Gp4 black, if used primarily in the vehicle for dash cam purposes is overkill. If you do like the hero form factor and brand, get the "hero" model. I use gopro only for television and cinematic productions.

That said, until I get the x2, I'm using one of the older gopro cams in the car just for grins (so I can see how four cams can be utilized in the ride...)

Don't know the a9 was in there!!! I am on that same site as much as this one. That's very cool! :cool:

Based on the specs, experience with the pano g and @niko reviews, I think the x2 is the cam to get.

It's the night lapse stuff that I like the look of mate - I really need to try it out on the DSLR one day but the thought of having the much smaller GoPro mixed with a battery pack would be much easier and the results so far look great!

It's the one thing that the Mobius isn't great at - hmmmm!

I was just wondering what sensor the new GoPro Hero 4 Black was using so I could keep an eye out for it in other products - I got hold of what was supposed to be a Hero4 Black serial number and downloaded the firmware and it's showing as the Sony IMX117 - same as the previous generation Hero3 Black.

According to the specs though what that sensor is capable of doesn't match up with what the camera is actually doing as it's only supposed to do 1080p at 60fps.

Maybe Sony just modified the sensor for this camera but the firmware I have is specifically saying IMX117 - just it's now matched with the A9 instead of the A7.

Im an early adopter and gear slut.... :oops::p

Gp4 black, if used primarily in the vehicle for dash cam purposes is overkill. If you do like the hero form factor and brand, get the "hero" model. I use gopro only for television and cinematic productions.

That said, until I get the x2, I'm using one of the older gopro cams in the car just for grins (so I can see how four cams can be utilized in the ride...)

Don't know the a9 was in there!!! I am on that same site as much as this one. That's very cool! :cool:

Based on the specs, experience with the pano g and @niko reviews, I think the x2 is the cam to get.
I am also would like to see A9, but its at least 1 ( maybe 2 ) year development project to fully polish up.

X2 is not yey fully adopted to western market needs. Lets dont forget, X2 as its now is originally made for local Korean market needs, but from HW-readyness it has best / quickest potentials. Just need a little bit small FW tune-up to fit most "our" needs and developer working actively. For me personally, from functionality point of view, at the moment X2 covers 80-90% of my needs. Rest 10-20% of "my needs" hopefully will be finalised within upcoming firmware changes.

gopro 4 dashcam in Copenhagen, and do FF to 0:50 to see the skill level of the driver of this assumingly drug dealer car.

He's got quite a few questionable moves in there for sure - it's like Getaway in Stockholm :)

The quality on Youtube looks quite good to say that the pixels on the IMX117 are a quarter of the size of the IMX122.

I'm going to have to find some raw footage now :D

believed the gopro 4 has an a9 in it.

the x2 fulfills my needs for a dashcam 100%. it has some bugs for sure a any new to market item would have, but the firmware updates are plentiful and there is much more potential still left to be unlocked.

the X2 is currently the best on the market at the time of this writing.

yes i am an expert in the matter.. :eek:;)

Back