The most reliable dashcam - not looking for cheap

You don't have to. Like you I'm a newbie and I find this interesting. Just to make sure it's recording, learn, see some stupid drivers etc. Maybe when the novelty fades I'll just leave it. But I'm eyeing a SG in the near future, as soon as our exchange rate gets better. Guess I'm addicted now.
Probably :D

You don't have to. Like you I'm a newbie and I find this interesting. Just to make sure it's recording, learn, see some stupid drivers etc. Maybe when the novelty fades I'll just leave it. But I'm eyeing a SG in the near future, as soon as our exchange rate gets better. Guess I'm addicted now.

What the heck is SG ?

I hope this does not turn into an addiction for me. For now, I'm in love with the shape of the SJ1000 in white.

What's your opinion on it, if you have one.

Nice little egg shape.

What really is the difference between 1080p of one dash cam and another? Are they all the same more or less... excluding lens quality issues?

Being too overly Confident that things are recording is how you end up missing recordings. Seems like you'd want to check the SD card more often - which is a good thing.

I have the "benefit" of seeing horrible drivers daily so I check it when I pull my daily videos.

You dont have to go thru all your footage, but it is a good idea to have a look at the SD card once in a while to see if the time/date stamp on the recorded files match what you have been driving lately.
And then just preview a couple of files, i tend to look at the first file and the last file made in a session as those 2 seem to be the most often indicators of problems on the horizon.

And you dont even have to preview the whole 3 minute file ( 3 minute file size is what i use ) i just assume if the file can open and play a fjew seconds, well then the rest of the file will allso be allright.

If you drive a lot and have a 64 Gb card in the camera you cant do much other than work - drive - eat - preview footage and sleep ( if you go over every second of every drive )

Last edited:
What the heck is SG ?

I hope this does not turn into an addiction for me. For now, I'm in love with the shape of the SJ1000 in white.

What's your opinion on it, if you have one.

Nice little egg shape.

What really is the difference between 1080p of one dash cam and another? Are they all the same more or less... excluding lens quality issues?

As @Gabacho said, SG stands for Street Guardian. Particularly the SG 9665GC for night recording and unbelievable aftersales support from @jokiin and @Pier 28.
No I only have a Mobius A which I use as dashcam and action cam. I take it along on holidays and outings. I just put it in my pocket. It's about the size of my car's key fob as in my avatar. Sound is very good and just point it in the general direction. It's so discreet, people around is unaware I'm recording. It's, I guess one of the few that can do 80 minutes recording with it's builtin LiPo battery.
Personally I prefer 1080p or higher. Looks so much better. sharper, crisp recordings. Just see on youtube, play with settings. set it to HD 720 and 1080. You'll see what I mean.

This was taken last year at Fremont Street, Las Vegas. Unedited. Camera held at waist.

Last edited:
As @Gabacho said, SG stands for Street Guardian. Particularly the SG 9665GC for night recording and unbelievable aftersales support from @jokiin and @Pier 28.
No I only have a Mobius A which I use as dashcam and action cam. I take it along on holidays and outings. I just put it in my pocket. It's about the size of my car's key fob as in my avatar. Sound is very good and just point it in the general direction. It's so discreet, people around is unaware I'm recording. It's, I guess one of the few that can do 80 minutes recording with it's builtin LiPo battery.
Personally I prefer 1080p or higher. Looks so much better. sharper, crisp recordings. Just see on youtube, play with settings. set it to HD 720 and 1080. You'll see what I mean.

This was taken last year at Fremont Street, Las Vegas. Unedited. Camera held at waist.

++++++1

I allways wondered, that street in vegas and that roof, isent there a lot of stoners standing around going DUUUUUUDE

I allways wondered, that street in vegas and that roof, isent there a lot of stoners standing around going DUUUUUUDE

:D. That's why they advertised "Whatever happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas". This city is considered by many as adult Disneyland. You'll have to add to your list of "must visit place". There are many levels of fun/entertainment here, even bordering to illegal.
Roof is just a canopy to provide shade and hold the lights. IIRC the lights are incandescent bulbs not LEDs.

Search "Fremont Street" on YouTube. :eek:

Back