The NEW Viofo A129+ Duo - unboxing and specifications

The latest A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera firmware is released, the version number of the A129 Plus front camera is V1.0(20200925) and the rear camera is V1.0 (20200925).
The file RearcamA129FW.update is 0 Bytes.
Is this normal or the file was corrupted when it was uploaded to the website?

The update worked for me. I now have two stable cameras. I first formatted the card in the front camera. Then I copped all three files into the root folder. I updated the front camera first, then plugged in the rear camera. Then a final restart and everything worked. I had to reset GMT time and bit rate after the update.

So when are we gonna see the eMMC version? The sale today is tempting but I think I will wait longer..............

So when are we gonna see the eMMC version? The sale today is tempting but I think I will wait longer..............
Could ba a little while yet while testing is being done...

Viofo has one EMMC-equipped cam going out for testing right now so I don't think it will be too much longer before it's offered in many or most of their products- provided the testing shows it working well. That's something we don't know yet, but I have every hope for it.

Phil

People should think that they will not record on the eMMC, they still need to buy a Micro SD card.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes, the EMMC is more of a back-up memory in this design. The future could see that reversed if the technology gets good enough, but I would worry as much over an EMMC-only cam as I do with my card-only cams. I wouldn't want one like that. Redundancy is the value here (y)

Phil

Ali express is $159.90 where as Viofo's website is $143.99 for the Plus

The emmc version is available on Amazon USA.
Just got mine delivered and updated the firmware using

Hello,
Currently I have an A129 Duo, with an optional Viofo 8m length cable for from the front camera to the rear, because my car is big. The front-rear cabling is very difficult in this car, I don't want again.
I would like to upgrade from A129 Duo to A129+ Duo, but really, the front-rear cables not compatibles together? I can't use the A129 Duo 8m length cable for A129+ cameras?
I think, this is very confusing.
Thanks!

the front-rear cables not compatibles together?
For sure are not compatible. More than this, I don't know if Viofo released 8 meters cable for A129+.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back